Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Brady has walked out of the champs league studio

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mc23 wrote: »
    RTE should not have Brady as pundit when Arsenal are playing, he is not impartial.

It works for Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

OK
    the latest news is that he asked to speak to the executive producer of the programme and the deputy head of sport (Ryle Nugent - yes Ryle Nugent) came in from home to speak to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

That's the thing about Brady. While it was all fine and dandy for him to do the Ireland matches as he is able to be partizan but when it comes to the club games Brady can't seem to leave the Arsenal hat behind him for the evening.

in fairness - dunphy puts his man utd hat on alot
    and souness does the same ( although not to the same extent)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

newbie2 wrote: »
    OK
    the latest news is that he asked to speak to the executive producer of the programme and the deputy head of sport (Ryle Nugent - yes Ryle Nugent) came in from home to speak to him.

Hopefully Ryle gave him a kick in the nuts , told him to stop being a baby and to go home to his subbuteo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

in fairness - dunphy puts his man utd hat on alot
    and souness does the same ( although not to the same extent)

While true Dunphy doesn't do it as much as he used to do it though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Come on goys.

I hate Nugent with a passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Pigman II wrote: »
    He shouldn't be there in the first place. I mean for FFS he's currently an employee of Arsenal FC and he's there commenting on them. Does anyone else not see how ridiculous that is? :confused: Is RTE the only channel amateur enough and inept enough to be able to concoct such an arrangement?
    Eh, don't Sky Sports have players in studio all the time? Injured etc so they come in to talk about their team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i don't expect or want an impartial opinion from brady,i know he's heavily involved with the arsenal set up.. anyone watch thommo on the saturday sky? i just love the way dunphy goads a reaction and then sniggers and snorts to himself. only pity is that it wasn't souness that was the victim, dunphy would be in a van with big blue lights!!! brilliant tv, beats that smarmy lineker,hansen,wrighty whatever lineup hands down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

staker wrote: »
    . only pity is that it wasn't souness that was the victim, dunphy would be in a van with big blue lights!!! brilliant tv, beats that smarmy lineker,hansen,wrighty whatever lineup hands down

To be fair I think even Dunphy would know what would happen to him if he started goading Souness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

BaZmO* wrote: »

There seemed to be a lot of sour grapes from Brady all night.

Didn't seem to be in the best of form from the beginning of the programme alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I dont know why Brady is getting such stick here. Ill have to see the incident before i comment further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Stekelly wrote: »
    Hopefully Ryle gave him a kick in the nuts , told him to stop being a baby and to go home to his subbuteo.

lol

Classic RTE coverage, love it. Game wasn't too bad either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

This stuff is worth the licence fee alone

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

I was convinced he was goin to walk out at the next commercial break after the "this was a set up..Diabolical" comment..And bill must have been ordered to cut straight through to the chelsea game after it to give him time to calm himself..He was in "anaylis" mode after that and didnt communicate with the pundits at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Have to say I thought Brady overreacted big time.
    He seemed to think that Wenger was immune from criticism.
    What the other panelists were saying was fairly justified.

The comparison to John Cleese was just a light hearted joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Clip of it already up on youtube, minus the wenger clips & dunphy comparing him to the ministry of silly walks. It gets a lil bit spicy at around 1:50. Hopefully there'll be a fuller clip soon, with the wenger clips included

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Any links yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Souness was winding up Dunphy pre-match saying he had splinters from sitting on the fence, that's why Dunphy used that as a callback. Chippy was exasperated before the match even started, he expects Dunphy to single him out for windups so little jibes get to him more than they should, unfortunately.

And 9 times out of ten Dunphy will let Souness go first with a comment, I've yet to see that happen for anyone else on the panel.:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well it looks like some clip upset brady, any chance of posting that clip!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

IanCurtis wrote: »
    RTE should get rid of Brady....not because of that, but because he gave away that Chelsea got through before they showed the highlights :mad:

I deliberately didn't check the results...:(

Bill's attempt at saving the situation being undermined by Brady's subsequent grin was brilliant tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The one day I don't watch the analysis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone else seem to think Brady had a few gargles on him? I said this to my mate before any of the agro kicked off. He just seemed slow with his sentences or something.

TBH I think Brady is usually good at being impartial when it comes to Arsenal. Earlier in the night he made a comment about Adeboyer which I was suprised he'd say, something along the lines that he's not a great finisher. He also echoed sentiments that Walcott hasn't really shown much apart from that run. (i'm not an Arsenal fan btw)

However,I do have a problem with how Rte treat the situation and for this reason I have thought though for a long time that he shouldn't be on the panel. For quite some time (a few years back) it was kind of 'secret' or unspoken of that he had a role with Arsenal. I wouldn't mind if they addressed it out in the open and asked him questions which imply they are talking to an Arsenal employee( like Sky do when they get an injured player in). But they don't, they seem seem to think that he leaves his Arsenal hat at the door of Rte and that they are talking to Liam Brady ex-Ireland intl. not Liam Brady current employee of Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Anyone else seem to think Brady had a few gargles on him? I said this to my mate before any of the agro kicked off. He just seemed slow with his sentences or something.

I seriously doubt that. He pretty-much always speaks like that.

Personally, I'd be curious to see the Wenger clip - missed it myself - only caught the aftermath. Can't pass any judgement before seeing what actually riled Brady up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Twas brilliant entertainment. The match was great and the analysis afterwards was nearly as good.

Dunphy is some stirrer.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

just watching some old Dunphy clips. why do RTE still employ him after he gets pretty much everything wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭ironingbored

He was definitely right about Rolando being hype and a brat.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Beaucoupfish

Great stuff Newbie2 keep up the good work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

RTE punditry. The best ever!! Long live dunphy the wind up merchant. Talks sh!te most o the time, but entertains no end! brilliant. Thought Brady had a point, but way overreacted. Surely he knows what he's in for at this stage!
    Anyway, brilliant again, RTE I salute you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Psygnosis wrote:
    They guy is a muppet and completley anti liverpool like the rest of the Rte Studio

ROFL!!! RTE are completely anti-Liverpool?? Good one!!:D:D:D
    If you're wondering why Liverpool get more stick than the other teams in the big 4, all ya have to do is look at the League table.:)
    This "anti-Liverpool" rubbish is spouted by quite a few Liverpool fans I know - basically they can't admit that they are inferior to Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal in the Premiership. (Not counting Europe - in fairness they're like a whole other team when they play in Europe.)

In fairness to Brady, it must be difficult to criticise Arsenal when he has to meet Wenger and the players every morning for work!
    It would be better if Brady was kept off the panel for games involving Arsenal.
    Still, you have to admit Dunphy, Brady, Giles and O'Herlihy make excellent television! (not so keen on Souness...man's a little dull!)
    The pundits are nearly always more entertaining than the match itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

JimiTime wrote: »
    RTE punditry. The best ever!! Long live dunphy the wind up merchant. Talks sh!te most o the time, but entertains no end! brilliant. Thought Brady had a point, but way overreacted. Surely he knows what he's in for at this stage!
    Anyway, brilliant again, RTE I salute you:D

+1:)
    Doubt this kinda coverage is anywhere else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Eh, don't Sky Sports have players in studio all the time? Injured etc so they come in to talk about their team?

Yep.

Sure look at Soccer Saturday. Phil Thompson gets awful abuse off Matt LeTissier every time Liverpool f*ck up on a Saturday afternoon. It's part of the fun and I'm the heads of RTE know what's going to happen when Arsenal f*ck up and Dunphy is in the same studio as Brady. They know it makes good TV so that's why they do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

beglee wrote: »
    Clip of it already up on youtube, minus the wenger clips & dunphy comparing him to the ministry of silly walks. It gets a lil bit spicy at around 1:50. Hopefully there'll be a fuller clip soon, with the wenger clips included

Classic. Hopefully somebody posts up the footage beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ROFL!!! RTE are completely anti-Liverpool?? Good one!!:D:D:D
    If you're wondering why Liverpool get more stick than the other teams in the big 4, all ya have to do is look at the League table.:)
    This "anti-Liverpool" rubbish is spouted by quite a few Liverpool fans I know - basically they can't admit that they are inferior to Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal in the Premiership. (Not counting Europe - in fairness they're like a whole other team when they play in Europe.)

league form should not even be discussed on champions league nights, when arsenal were struggling in 6th place in the premier 2 years ago RTE barely made a whisper of it on champions league nights, strange..................

part 1 of dunphy vs brady from a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry guys, there is a soccer forum for discussions like this....
    This isn't "Soccer - Unmoderated" :)

Moved (and I have a feeling it will soon be locked).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'll leave it open to see if it can be salvaged. Soccer rules now apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

He shouldn't be there in the first place. I mean for FFS he's currently an employee of Arsenal FC and he's there commenting on them. Does anyone else not see how ridiculous that is? :confused: Is RTE the only channel amateur enough and inept enough to be able to concoct such an arrangement?
    thats a poor excuse for a post. If you're going to post then do a little bit of a background check to make sure you're not looking like an eejit....
    Shove it up your arse.
    reshove
    again what is your point?

pigman,

the point is that you are wrong.

can you not see that point ?

lots of tv channels use current players or former players who have links to clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

On second thoughts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement