Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with an uneven lawn.

Options
  • 08-04-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

my lawn is small.

only 2 years old.

the landscaper was on price and did a terrible job on every lawn on my row of houses.

It is uneven with high and low spots all over the place.

What could be used to sort this out with out haveing to rotovate the whole garden. not great at gardening.
    need laymans advise.

I would like it to be lush again for summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You could try filling + seeding the low areas and taking up a sod, taking out some excess soil and resodding the high parts.

without seeing the extent of the unevenness thats the best I can offer.
    A full rotovation job might be required but you would want to be starting it today to have lawn thats usable for summer (unless you sod the whole thing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

GreeBo wrote: »
    You could try filling + seeding the low areas and taking up a sod, taking out some excess soil and resodding the high parts.

without seeing the extent of the unevenness thats the best I can offer.
    A full rotovation job might be required but you would want to be starting it today to have lawn thats usable for summer (unless you sod the whole thing)

got out there today with a few buckets of topsoil. its beter. will reseed this weekend. thanks for the advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

no worries
    FYI There are 2 ways you can fill in dips
    1) fill it to level and then reseed
    2) gradually fill it (no more than 3/4 inch at a time and rake/brush it so the grass leaves poke through)

its a bit of a trade off as 1) takes longer if you need to repeat a few times but at least you have grass to look at, 2) is quicker if you have a big dip, but means you need to reseed and so water daily etc

GL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

GreeBo wrote: »
    no worries
    FYI There are 2 ways you can fill in dips
    1) fill it to level and then reseed
    2) gradually fill it (no more than 3/4 inch at a time and rake/brush it so the grass leaves poke through)

its a bit of a trade off as 1) takes longer if you need to repeat a few times but at least you have grass to look at, 2) is quicker if you have a big dip, but means you need to reseed and so water daily etc

GL!

no bother with the watering . it been raining since I sowed the seed 2 days ago:).

thanks again.

Advertisement