Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Free Petrol 5 Gallons

Options
  • 08-04-2008 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

Eh not sure where to put this but....

Hi my girlfriend was driving my Da's car
    it was just about to run out of Diesel ( 4 miles left on range)
    and she pulled into a garage and filled it with Petrol
    she realised the mistake and we got it drained
    there was Minimal .5 lt max of diesel in the car mixed with 25litres of petrol
    im not sure if this is the right place to post but it anyone wants it they can have it
    we drained it into a large container and it seems all petrol no diesel floating on top etc
    It would prob be suitable for an old car
    im not chancing it in my Boxster S ..
    Please dont get on your high horse and quote me about how it might damage the engine . and all that
    if you want it PM me
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

For god's sake it's €5 worth of petrol. Go on an arson spree or something.

EDIT: whoops, €25, my bad. Go on an arson rampage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

25 * 1.20 euro = 5 euro???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Use it to clean paint brushes or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

Use 5 gallons of petrol to clean paint brushes ???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

lots of paint brushes. or use it in your lawnmower!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Get a powerwasher and hook it up to the petrol container. Then put up a sign saying "Unleaded 109.4" outside your house. You'll be rid of it in no time. That's how Stephen Texaco got started IIRC. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

keep it until halloween.

sell it to children at a marked up price.

take advantage of rising oil prices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Im guessing but It could probably be used in a 2-stroke marine or motorbike engine.

(the ones where you mix the oil into the fuel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

not if theres any diesel in it , a 2 stroke really wouldt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

surely it'll run in a car.. i'll take it off yer hands if ya want. pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

congo_90 wrote: »
    surely it'll run in a car.. i'll take it off yer hands if ya want. pm sent

Times must be rough if you willing to knacker your fuel pump and god knows what else for the sake of 25euro worth of petrol.

well its more so for a ride on lawnmower but i could gamble a gallon of that fuel into a full tank of unleaded. i reckon she'll run.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Mix it with milk and drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

congo_90 wrote: »
    well its more so for a ride on lawnmower but i could gamble a gallon of that fuel into a full tank of unleaded. i reckon she'll run.

I've no doubt she'll run but fuel pumps are pricey. I'd rather chance petrol soiled diesel in a diesel then diesel soiled petrol in a petrol.

Mix it with milk and drink it.

sounds like fun... mite give me a boost in the mornin. pour some on my cornflakes lol. anyhow... i'm a student so cheap petrol is good petrol i'm sure it can be filtered (google)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 tootsy

roughan wrote: »
    Eh not sure where to put this but....

Hi my girlfriend was driving my Da's car
    it was just about to run out of Diesel ( 4 miles left on range)
    and she pulled into a garage and filled it with Petrol
    she realised the mistake and we got it drained
    im not sure if this is the right place to post but it anyone wants it they can have it
    we drained it into a large container and it seems all petrol no diesel floating on top etc
    It would prob be suitable for an old car
    im not chancing it in my Boxster S ..
    Please dont get on your high horse and quote me about how it might damage the engine . and all that
    if you want it PM me
    R
    ha ha ha.just admit it .dont blame the girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Is this thread some kinda belated April Fool Joke ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

roughan wrote: »
    It's more than likely 5-10 litres of diesel and 25 litres of petrol. Fuel/range gauges all lie to make the situation seems worse than it is so that people don't actually run out of fuel.

Only way to be sure is measure how much liquid you have now and subtract the amount of petrol that you know is in it.

Advertisement