Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

second driver insurance

Options
  • 08-04-2008 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Does anyone know which insurance comanpies will insure a 19 year old male as a second driver on a provisional licence? and are there any restrictions attached to the respective companies policies?

Im having trouble understanding which is the best company to go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Afaik, practically every insurance company will insure you, but many of them have restrictions. I had to produce evidence that I took 10 lessons with an instructor before my parents' insurance company would insure me. Others may insist that you always have a fully qualified driver with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

FBD wouldn't quote me. I'm on my second provisional and am a 20 yr old male. They said they only quote people under 25 on provisionals if they have 5 years driving experience! Bit silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Moved to Motors (not really a LTD matter).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 kellyj7

so which insurance company did you go with zapp?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm waiting until my test (this day week) and hopefully I'll pass and get some better quotes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

i was insured as a named driver with quinn direct when I was 17 to 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rmurf

try 123.ie

i got a gud price from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jubajuba

offensive post removed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

This guy jubajuba has trolled across a few threads already. Can a mod pls take a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

jubajuba banned from motors :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'm a named driver with Hibernian, they (and AXA) will count your named driving experience when you get your own insurance with them.

I know Sertus won't insure under 25s even as named drivers.

Advertisement