Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating out with Weight Watchers

• 08-04-2008 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hey !

I'm currently following weight watchers at home on my own, and posting it in a food diary on this website. Going out for a meal next week with the boyfriend, and really wanna stick to my points yet still really enjoy my food. Before I started back on Weight Watchers, I used to love going to the likes of Hard Rock Cafe in Templebar or TGI Friday's in Blanchardstown ... am very attracted to the cocktails in either place so need to steer clear of them now :mad:. Also love Italian food (usually always get Penne Arrabiata which isn't too bad I guess ... chicken sometimes, penne pasta, tomatoes, garlic, chilli).

Any suggestions or ideas on this ??? Or does anyone know of any good websites that would give tips ??? Really don't know where we should go. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Go anywhere you like that has a good variety of foods (not just pasta or pizza) and power order. This means that instead of being bound by what's on the menu, you ask for your chicken to be grilled instead of fried, and served with salad, and all dressings on the side. Or your steak or fish or whatever you fancy.

You can order pizza without cheese if you want, pasta with a plain tomato sauce or whatever you want. Order plenty of salad and green veggies, and plan to have a big cappuccino instead of dessert. Allow yourself enough points for a nice glass of wine, but keep to one, or you may decide to dump the diet.

Trust me, you can do this in any restaurant. I've done it in McDonalds! You can go into a five star restaurant and order a boiled egg. They'll charge you an arm and a leg, but they'll give it to you. Between diabetics and people with allergies and dieters, all restaurants are well used to fussy eaters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

What would you order if you went to an Italian ??? Penne Arrabiata couldn't be too bad, the sauce is tomato based. But what do you think you should look out for or request when ordering that ??? Just the chicken grilled rather than fried ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Numbercruncher

http://www.freewebs.com/noreenblackett

Thats a good site that has a guide to the ww points in a lot of different places including TGI (yum but OMG so high in points!!)
    Save up some points so you can enjoy your meal. I did WW a couple of years ago and lost 2 stone but still ate out regularly. You still have to live!!! :D Enjoy

Advertisement