Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Our first camper !!!

• 08-04-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We (myself, my wife and her parents) just bought our first camper !

It's a 2001 Eura Mobil Sport 515 (Built on the 2.8 Ducato)

It's in absolutely pristine condition, and we're absolutely delighted with it.

I like to say a big thank you to everyone here for all the informative posts (especially the one warning us away from the water-damaged one we looked at).

We're really pleased with it, and I can honestly say that there ins't one single thing about the camper that we don't like (well, at this point anyway - we've been owners for all of 3 hours).

We're really looking forward to a trip now, and my wife and I may even venture off somewhere this weekend.

I'm sure I'll be a regular here on the forum from here on in :)

Here's the layout :
    euromobil515ms_3d.jpg

Once again, thanks all for the advice/help in posts here on the forum.

:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

LOL !!

Fantastic - was cracking up at that !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Well done and congratulations. Cliff Richards was before my time.......
    I'd suggest Alice Rock's "Kissing in a campervan"

Happy and safe motoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

As a neighbour of mine from Galway says whenever I get a new vehicle, "fair wear to ya".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Hope you enjoy it. I just bought one a few months back. Its a 92 so it's really a starter to see how we like it. My ten year old is most enthusaistic and like me can't wait for a night away. My wife on the other hand likes her comforts and doesn't seem to keen. I discussed this with a few female friends lately and again they didn't like the idea either. I don;t want to generalise but is this camper thing more of a man thing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

shawnee wrote: »
    My wife on the other hand likes her comforts and doesn't seem to keen. I discussed this with a few female friends lately and again they didn't like the idea either. I don;t want to generalise but is this camper thing more of a man thing ?

I do want to generalise :D

It's a man thing when you're talking about camp fires, chopping firewood with Rambo knives, etc. but we WILL settle for a camper van and prove our manliness at the barbecue.

It becomes a woman thing once they realise that they have their own bathroom whenever, wherever they like (and that the man is the one to deal with emptying the toilet)

It becomes a family thing once everybody chips in in keeping the tiny space clean and accessable and doesn't leave it all to the "lady of the van"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wohnmobile

Congratulations, Now get out and enjoy.First stop Supermarket and stock up on foodstuffs. My wife and I have just come back from a few days away here in Ireland. Listning to the weather forcast for the last few days, you wouldn't put the cat out. It would appear that they forecast for Dublin. We were in the Waterford Wexford area and we had nothing but sunshine. It could be raining as you leave home but somewhere else the sun is shining. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

Best of luck with your new camper, looks great. Happy camping!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hope to see ya on the road some day - make sure you wave!

Advertisement