Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyDSL - Outgoing Email

Options
  • 08-04-2008 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

Despite some negative reports here I recently sucessfully installed and networked SkyDSL. My final problem is sending email.... I cant do it, even though I just main the same mail.iol.ie SMTP as before.

I get this message
    Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'gpo.iol.ie', Server: 'mail.iol.ie', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Has anyone a solution to this problem ?

Thanks,

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

did you installed a new firewall program with skyDsl, or any other changes to your software?
    Check Microsofts guide:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IrlDigi

Firewall appears Ok as I have allowed Outlook and it works fine to send if I only use the ISDn dial up on its own without connectign the skyDSl downlink

?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 satacla

This has to do with e-mail forwarding. Your ISP won't allow the email to be forwarded.
    I did have some info on this from skyDSL but I need to find it first!
    I'll pass it on when I locate it.
    Meanwhile check out the FAQ's at skyDSL website - 'How can I download my e-mails to my computer without an active telephone connection?'

Advertisement