Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City & County Forums - The Point?

Options
  • 08-04-2008 5:35pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As this is more a City topic..

Topic Moved!

EDIT: The topic that was moved was about new routes in Waterford Airport. Originaly in Waterford County, it has been moved to Waterford City.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Waterford airport is in County Waterford I think

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Errr, yeah. I can't imagine how this could possible be a city topic !

No matter though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Waterford airport is in County Waterford I think

Will get a much better response as its just outside of Waterford City and the Waterford County forum is far to quiet. :)

Sully wrote: »
    Will get a much better response as its just outside of Waterford City and the Waterford County forum is far to quiet. :)
    Just outside of Waterford City in County Waterford?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just outside of Waterford City in County Waterford?

No what I mean is that because the Airport is just outside of Waterford City and because Waterford County wont get the same response level - the city forum is better. Im not disputing its location!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

lol

I actually choose the County forum based on location of airport thinking that the thread would only get moved from the busier City forum : )

Ponster wrote: »
    lol

I actually choose the County forum based on location of airport thinking that the thread would only get moved from the busier City forum : )

Aye, but I felt it would not give you the approrpaite response. Besides, all Airport topics seem to end up here ;D

Sully wrote: »
    No what I mean is that because the Airport is just outside of Waterford City and because Waterford County wont get the same response level - the city forum is better. Im not disputing its location!
    What is the point in having the two forums then so?

On that logic they should be renamed Waterford busy forum and Waterford quiet forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Take it to feedback .. Im actually interested in finding out about flights to Paris.. not a moaning at Sully session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

True. If the Waterford County board doesn't get enough traffic then perhaps both should be merged into a Waterford board.

• Advertisement

What is the point in having the two forums then so?

On that logic they should be renamed Waterford busy forum and Waterford quiet forum

As Trotter said, go to Feedback. The Airport topic has always been in the City forum, and I felt it was best suited here. Its only a few mins away from Waterford City (about 9mins isnt it?) anyway. Regardless, Feedback is your point of call for such comments. Bare in mind, its been done before in the past.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    True. If the Waterford County board doesn't get enough traffic then perhaps both should be merged into a Waterford board.

County is handy for specific topics on places like Tramore, Dunmore and so on where traffic is present for specific location topics. Other topics more suited for a City forum even if there located in the County (like where to buy tiles for a house built in Tramore) should be placed here. There really isnt need for tears / fuss over something so small.

Anywhome, the forum makeup is done by the Admins and nothing to do with me so such complaints should be directed to Feedback. Which is where ill move the specific posts to. :)

Posts about the point of a City & County forum for Waterford have been split and made into a new Feedback thread. The thread that was moved from Waterford County to City can be found here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271419

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Christ Sully, why are you always embroiled in such controvercial threads!?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

6th wrote: »

he lives for the drama :pac:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Waterford has an airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A shed with a runway is more appropriate.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    A shed with a runway is more appropriate.
    that carries over a million passengers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

that carries over a million passengers

Per month? Per year? since it's inception?

Be more specific. It's like claiming to be able to eat 300 bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

My thoughts

Join the two forums together into just a Waterford forum, doesnt seem to be enough traffic to have 2 forums.

• Advertisement

6th wrote: »

Without wanting to go OT here, and from my reading of the Waterford forums, perhaps because Sully tends to over moderate the forums a little.

This is not a critisism, just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Over moderate? I was taking the piss with my comment, Sully is one of the most laid back mods on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

To be fair sully backs up the people who request help on the forums he moderates..

Anyways this is not about a moderator. Waterford should have one forum as should kilkenny!!!

stick-dan wrote: »
    Anyways this is not about a moderator. Waterford should have one forum as should kilkenny!!!

V true. Like I said, I didnt want to go OT.

And I agree, theres no need for Waterford and Kilkenny to have 2 separate forums each

KevIRL wrote: »
    Without wanting to go OT here, and from my reading of the Waterford forums, perhaps because Sully tends to over moderate the forums a little.

This is not a critisism, just an observation.

Thanks for the observation. I dont have to moderate much and when I do its only to deal with people who ignore the charter. If you feel that iv failed in my moderation duties or am to hard on people, please let me know. Anyone who complains are those who are guily of breach of the charter anyway. Tho, id apprecaite you either start a new topic about me or send me a PM. Feedback always helps, without it - I cant improve!

Thanks.

Cabaal wrote: »
    he lives for the drama :pac:

That was supposed to be kept secret damit!
    Per month? Per year? since it's inception?

Be more specific. It's like claiming to be able to eat 300 bananas.

I can eat 300 bananas... :D

Anyway. Its getting busier and more routes are being added. It is very much like a shed with a runway but they got funding to make changes. The new terminal can take up to 1million passengers per year. Funnily enough pilots mistake the business park for the airport cause its bigger and has more lights :p
    • 2003 - 24,000 passengers
    • 2004 - 55,000 passengers
    • 2005 - 71,000 passengers
    • 2006 - 85,000 passengers
    • 2007 - 116,000 passengers

Moving back on topic... I like the idea of the County forum but it gets to little traffic.

Advertisement