Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make a landlord change beds?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Simple problem: I've moved into a new apartment. There's two single beds one room. I'd like them replaced buy one double bed. According to the letting agent the landlord won't replace them with a double bed.

I offered to buy my own double bed if the land lord would take the single beds away but this was also refused.

What if anything can I do?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Probably not an ideal solution but you could do like the hotels and push the 2 singles together.
    Maybe together they'll be the right size for a double matress and you can keep the other 2 matresses in a shed/garage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How was the apartment advertised?
    Two double rooms?I moved into a new place 2 months ago,Thing was,one of the rooms only had a single bed in it.
    Kicked up a fuss with the letting agents as the place was advertised as a 2 double bed apartment.
    New bed the next day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

I had a similar situation a few years ago. Were there two single beds when you viewed the place? If so then it was your decision to accept the place like that. Some landlords might be nice and change the beds but they are under no obligation to.

You could offer to move the beds yourself but the landlord will probably tell you that you can do what you want as long as when you move out there are two single beds in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Got it sorted in the end. Got permission to sell them and to leave the double bed I buy behind when I'm leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Jees, the landlords going to make a killing on that! Unless you can get a VERY cheap double !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sarahhurray

You'll find it hard to give away beds never mind sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

OFDM wrote: »
    Got it sorted in the end. Got permission to sell them and to leave the double bed I buy behind when I'm leaving!

I doubt you'll be able to sell second hand single beds of unknown history, good luck with that.

On the other hand you can pick up a decent double bed for a couple of hundred euro.

Advertisement