Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test at 12.55 Today :o(

Options
  • 09-04-2008 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to ask a few questions, Had a prre-test yesterday and he said i was about 86% up to scratch hope its good enough.

I'm crapping my pants and my minds gone blank

Just when doing the turn about do i use my handbrake?????

Checking mirror every 10-15 seconds is it the center one or the center and left & right????

Last thing what points to look over shoulder????

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers :(

Comments

The most important thing is to calm down and relax.

You should use your handbreak when stopped between manoerves.

Look over your shoulder starting off, when moving moving away from the kerb and when alighting from the car.

You don't have to check your mirrors every 10-15 seconds on the straight, whats happening ahead of you is more important. I tend to give them a sweep of all 3 maybe every 30-60 seconds.

Don't mull over any mistakes you make during the test, they might not be as bad as you think.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Passed, Wasn't no near as bad as i thought it would be. But i'm delighted.

Thats Brilliant! Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Passed, Wasn't no near as bad as i thought it would be. But i'm delighted.

great to hear, just so everyone knows it's no where near as ad as it's made out to be, just calm the nerves, keep focused, do a pretest ( or a few) before the test and go for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

great to hear, just so everyone knows it's no where near as ad as it's made out to be, just calm the nerves, keep focused, do a pretest ( or a few) before the test and go for it.

Congrats,,,, Yeah the Pretests are the Key best best €90 i ever spent

• Advertisement
Advertisement