Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adsense not relevant on PHPBB3

Options
  • 09-04-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a new enough phpbb3 forum on a website I run with about 20 members and about 30 posts so far. I have added Adsense to the forum but the ads don't seem very relevant to the topics being discussed. Does it take the Google Adsense bot a while to figure out the relevancy or is there a mod required to phpbb3?

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Hello,

That’s right, it can take about 2 - 3 weeks for google adsense bots to analyse your content and send the right adverts to suit. You can also code to your pages to help google index what’s relevant and what’s not.

Have a look at this (particularly the bit about the bots)

http://www.friedbeef.com/2006/10/15/optimize-adsense-with-5-not-so-common-tips/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

many thanks for that. That link has a handy bit of information to help the google bots focus in on the real content of a forum and not the headers and footer that go with it.

Advertisement