Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brady - You're a w*nker

Options
  • 09-04-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Further proof as to why RTE analysis is the best around, purely from an entertainment perspective, you may hate Dunphy, Giles, Sounness and that prick Brady but you gotta say, its great TV, I almost watch the RTE coverage more for the analysis than the football match itself :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMTGmAZ0k4M&feature=related

To those who didn't see it, just before this RTE showed a montage of Wenger giving out on the sideline on Saturday and then at the game last night. Dunphy then referred to him as Basil Fawtly I think or John Cleese and Brady lost the head

YOU'VE JUMPED WAY OVER THE FENCE NOW BABY!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Hands down the best TV I'll see all year, excellent. I don't care if Brady is baised (which he is), Dunphy is a caveman (which many say he is but I disagree) etc. I just love the fact that they're so refreshing to watch in comparison to their counterparts in the UK.
    Bill knows exactly the right questions to ask and when to ask them, he really is a national treasure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Classic TV from these two, although I think brady let himself down a bit.. Dunphy will always be a nut

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DubSpur81

but they deserve their just deserts BILLLL!

I like the fact that they are all opinionated, even Brady, its annoying but compelling, better than those muppets off Sky and BBC (apart from Hansen) virtually sucking each other off everytime a game is being shown.

And if I hear Jamie Redknapp saying "fret" when referring to a striker one more time I'll ****in shoot myself :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

DubSpur81 wrote: »
    but they deserve their just deserts BILLLL!

I like the fact that they are all opinionated, even Brady, its annoying but compelling, better than those muppets off Sky and BBC (apart from Hansen) virtually sucking each other off everytime a game is being shown.

And if I hear Jamie Redknapp saying "fret" when referring to a striker one more time I'll ****in shoot myself :)
    I gained a wee bit of respect for Redknapp a few weeks ago when he dared to stand up to Andy Gray over the Mascherano sending off!

However you reference to them engaging in sexual acts is correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Dunphy is a pric*, always will be.

Fair play to Brady for sticking up for his man, if he was a Spurs man, we would all be supporting him. Dunphy knew well what he was doing when slating Wenger.

Dont get me wrong, i despise Arsenal, but I thought Brady was good in standing by his club.

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Dunphy is a pric*, always will be.

Fair play to Brady for sticking up for his man, if he was a Spurs man, we would all be supporting him. Dunphy knew well what he was doing when slating Wenger.

Dont get me wrong, i despise Arsenal, but I thought Brady was good in standing by his club.

Course we'd be supporting him, but he's a Gooner, hence entitled to be on the receieving end of my vitriol :D

I was going to say that he should be impartial as thats his job as an analyst and what he's paid for but without stuff like this RTE would just be another Sky or BBC clone.

Clearly some spurs jelousy of Arsenal here . :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Yes. Very jealous. I really wish Spurs hadn't won anything in the last 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I Bet Gallas had a right old booo hoooo at the end of the game last night. No trophy in 3 years !. Call over the road and we'll tell ye the secret on how to win a trophy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

It's not jealousy, it's hatred.

Can't be that hard to fathom, maybe some of the JCLs at the Death Star think United are their real rivals but the older ones know the score.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

It's not jealousy, it's hatred.

Can't be that hard to fathom, maybe some of the JCLs at the Death Star think United are their real rivals but the older ones know the score.

Spot on. Although we weren't treated to are you watching Tottenham last nite :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Brady = grade "A" goon cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Friend of a friend who works at RTE said that when the show went off air Brady went fu*cking mental. He told rte that he wouldnt be back and to stick their contract. He then went off for a late meal with Marco Tardelli.

I'm sure the FAI will get involved to smooth things over, otherwise what will happen when RTE want a interview following an Ireland game.

I would have said fair play to Brady for standing up for his man however it goes to show what bad losers they are and the childish way they deal with it, that goes from the top right down to the bottom of their staff and anyone associated with the club.

For me, the best example of when they lost the plot, was the Gallas reaction at the end of their game with Birmingham City. Psychologically that was the day their season got fu*ked.

RichMc70 wrote: »

I would have said fair play to Brady for standing up for his man however it goes to show what bad losers they are and the childish way they deal with it, that goes from the top right down to the bottom of their staff and anyone associated with the club.

I can't agree.

Objectively speaking, RTE did a hatchet job on Wenger. A highly entertaining one I'll give you, but a hatchet job all the same. If that was Poyet sitting in the studio and Dunphy did a similar piece on Ramos I'd expect Gus to stove the piss head's face in. Kudos to Brady for defending his own, I've no problem with that.

What I do have an issue with is the fact that Brady has suckled from the RTE teeth for long enough to know that is par for the course. He was happy enough to put the boot into Roy Keane when he left ManYoo (was last week revenge for Dunphy?) and sits there merrily while Giles makes a complete dog's mickey of commenting on European football...why should he get anything different when it comes to his own shower?

IMO you could replace the RTE panel with their Apres Match caricatures, you'd get the same level of entertainment but with more incisive analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I can't agree.

Objectively speaking, RTE did a hatchet job on Wenger. A highly entertaining one I'll give you, but a hatchet job all the same. If that was Poyet sitting in the studio and Dunphy did a similar piece on Ramos I'd expect Gus to stove the piss head's face in. Kudos to Brady for defending his own, I've no problem with that.

My opinion of Dunphy, is that he he is blinkered to the point of blindness due to the fact he has his head so far up Manyoo's arse.

However the same could be said of Brady in his approach to the scum! Obviously I would have expected him to defend the Whinger but he lost his head and got into an argument with someone I can only describe as a buffoon. It's typical 'scum' behaviour. they just cant control themselves when things dont go their way.

Before the game Brady was already raging when Souness was harping on about Anfield European Night Atmosphere being the twelth man and referring to the quietness of Emirates.

Personally I disagree with the RTE ploy of using biased panel members/commentators. When was the last time they showed a Manyoo or Pool game without an ex player commenting. The Dunphy comment of "You've jumped way over the fence now baby!" was laughable in that clearly not one of the panel would have been a 'fence sitter.'

It was entertaining for a change but normally I switch off when they start their drivelling on with blatantly biased comments.

Some well made points there but I'd still have them ANY day over the likes of that ****e they had on on Sunday, Ray Wilkins, Jamie Redknapp et al licking arse and talking ****e, I've a pain in my arse with the whole Sky Machine, I really do.

To be honest, I'd rather have James Richardson and Sky's Spanish team over the lot.

Advertisement