Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helmets - a question

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi all,

Am looking for some advice on a helmet to buy, I will be using my bike a lot in the future for going to work in Dublin city centre - what do you think would be a good choice of helmet?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Hi all,

Am looking for some advice on a helmet to buy, I will be using my bike a lot in the future for going to work in Dublin city centre - what do you think would be a good choice of helmet?

Thanks

Shain BK-100 -cheap, but great helmet. I have it, and I think Kenmc does too, and I'm very happy with i

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Yes I have one also. It's a bit early to call it a "great helmet" , as I've not actually needed to use it yet :D so only time will tell, but it _is_ very comfortable, not too sweaty and the bugmesh on the front scoops is handy for keeping nasty stinging wasps out of your head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Shain BK-100 -cheap, but great helmet. I have it, and I think Kenmc does too, and I'm very happy with i

And I've got one waiting to arrive in the post, so....it's all shain bk100's round these parts seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

Thanks for the advice.

A guy I work with has recomended a 661 dirt lid, he said that it might be safer as it covers more of your head than other helmets, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Thanks for the advice.

A guy I work with has recomended a 661 dirt lid, he said that it might be safer as it covers more of your head than other helmets, any opinions?

depends on what you are using it for, DJ you aint cycling miles and miles so you dont need ventalation, roadies do, and they need them light my DJ lid is heavy enough.

the minimum standard for a helmet is to withstand a impact at 12mph, im not sure of the weight tho:confused:

it doesnt take into account other cars etc.

personally i have 2 helmets, a road one and my DJ lid.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement