Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone - No speaker sound (kind off)

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Have unlocked iPhone working like a dream for the last couple of monthsup to this morning.

Was listening to songs on earphones. Took earphones out of jack without stopping song as I have done many many times with no issue. However, since doing this...

1. When using phone in "normal" phone mode no sound comes from earphone (ie when up against my ear no sound).
    2. When using phone but use speaker option on iphone keypad sound is spot on.
    3. When use earphones with phone the earphone mic & speakers work perfect
    4. When use ipod music no sound from speaker
    5. When use ipod music with earphones they work perfect
    6. There are no keyboard clicks (even though the option is on in settings)
    7. When change ringtone sounds in settings do here different ringtones when select different ones.
    8. When change text message alert sounds in settings do NOT here different text message alert sounds when select different ones
    9. No sound from iphone speaker when using you tube (sound is there with earphones)
    10. No sound from iphone speaker when using itunes (sound is there with earphones)

Have tried turning off/on phone numerous times...no change.

Speaker itself obviously works (points 2 & 7).

Looks like some form of software glitch.

Anyone got any ideas...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭trant

This is a common problem, start playing song without earphones plugged in, then insert and remove the earphones and sound should start coming from the iPhone's speaker again. This should sort the problem.

Don't think this is an issue on 1.1.3/1.1.4 firmware, what firmware are you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

trant wrote: »
    This is a common problem, start playing song without earphones plugged in, then insert and remove the earphones and sound should start coming from the iPhone's speaker again. This should sort the problem.

Don't think this is an issue on 1.1.3/1.1.4 firmware, what firmware are you running?

Thanks. Tried it no joy. 1.1.2 otb but now on 1.1.3...feck me just came back working fine...thannks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 gunslinger1987

I'm having this exact same problem and when I unplug earphones volume control disappears when a song is playing..

Any advice?

EDIT: Just realised this is 2 years old..... but help would still be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement