Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What skills should I be getting?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi
    Just interested to hear what people might think of this - I have been out of college about 3 1/2 years and nearly all of my experience is Java. As far as java goes I would consider myself OK skills wise. I'm not at J2EE level yet (and more importantly I'm not doing work that would need it yet) but I do have a fairly good understanding of it and have done basic certifications.
    The thing is should I be looking to gain extra skills like Oracle or C# and .NET? What would be the best things to look into from the point of view of job security?
    I could probably continue on for quite a while doing the same thing but if I ever have to get a different job I think I could be stuck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You've mentioned you're not at J2EE level yet but have some certs, that's what you could aim for. Getting to J2EE level. Some DB stuff wouldn't go amiss mind you.

Advertisement