Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 posts

Options
  • 09-04-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

whats going on.for no aparrent reason i can now only view 15 posts per page....

is this my mistake or is it a boards.ie wide move??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Fine here. Try going to your user control panel and re-set it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

hmmm it was set as the default but it was only showing 15 posts per page.

eg. found a thread with 36 posts and post 36 was on page 3

*i just changed it to 20 in User CP cause its what im used to.thanks Mr.Magnolia

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

We're testing a few different configurations; you can specify how many posts to display per page under User CP -> Edit Options -> Number of posts to show per page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

CuLT wrote: »
    We're testing a few different configurations; you can specify how many posts to display per page under User CP -> Edit Options -> Number of posts to show per page.

Excellent stuff! Any chance we might be able to view > 40? It would be handy for reading through long threads quickly (apart from the initial load time).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

cornbb wrote: »
    Excellent stuff! Any chance we might be able to view > 40? It would be handy for reading through long threads quickly (apart from the initial load time).

I've always used 40 and more would be great. I tend to open threads I want to read in a new tab, and read through it once it's loaded so I wouldn't mind an option of 50, 75 or even 100.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

CuLT wrote: »

Can you please clarify: when you're not logged in, does the number of posts/thread/page always revert back to 15? And when you're logged in, the number of posts follows your UserCP settings? That seems to be what's happening with me.

I assume this is new (was it previously set to 20 when not logged on?)? It's actually a very irritating 'feature', although maybe it's just the unfamiliarity of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Can you please clarify: when you're not logged in, does the number of posts/thread/page always revert back to 15? And when you're logged in, the number of posts follows your UserCP settings? That seems to be what's happening with me.

I assume this is new? It's actually a very irritating 'feature', although maybe it's just the unfamiliarity of it.

default has been lowered from 20 to 15. obviously when you're not logged in the server has no way of identifying you so you're going to see the default. the ability the change your in individual settings once logged in has always been there. i set it at 40 myself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Can you please clarify: when you're not logged in, does the number of posts/thread/page always revert back to 15? And when you're logged in, the number of posts follows your UserCP settings?

Correct. When you're not logged in, the number of posts per page will revert to what ever the default is: 15 or 20 (depending on the boards.ie set-up). When you're logged in it will be the number of posts selected in the user control panel.

I assume this is new? It's actually a very irritating 'feature', although maybe it's just the unfamiliarity of it.

Not new at all. What I've explained above has always been the case afaik :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Being able to view 100 posts per page would be fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Correct. When you're not logged in, the number of posts per page will revert to what ever the default is: 15 or 20 (depending on the boards.ie set-up). When you're logged in it will be the number of posts selected in the user control panel.

Not new at all. What I've explained above has always been the case afaik :)

Thanks Mr M. There's definitely been an unexplained change to my account in the last few days though. I was always able to view 20 posts whether logged on or off. Now it's 15/20.

But it's not like it's a big deal anyway.

Cheers.

Edit to add: Just saw leninbenjamin's post. That explains it, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

100 per page please. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

100 per page please. :)

+1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

delly wrote: »
    +1
    Actually that would be + about 60 or so. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I've always used 40 and more would be great. I tend to open threads I want to read in a new tab, and read through it once it's loaded so I wouldn't mind an option of 50, 75 or even 100.

For people on slow connections it would be great to load 100 replies and then turn off your connection and free up the phone

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

As many as possible per page would be brilliant. 40 will have to do for now I guess but if it can be done to allow 100 or so I will sacrifice a few co-workers as offerings to CuLT.

Advertisement