Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is OCuk ever the cheapest option?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok I want to buy a new PSU, and the only place I can find it is OCuk.

Its a Coolermaster 1kw PSU

Heres my questions, is there anything else from OCuk that is usually cheaper than its competitors (i.e. dabs, komplett, hwv) so that I can throw it on my order now and not have to pay for it later.

I'm doing a watercooled build in a few weeks so i'm just wondering would I be better off getting a few of the components from OCuk since i'm going to be buying from anyway.

Also, if anyone knows anywhere else I can get this PSU let me know as, ideally, i'd like to avoid OCuk at all costs.

I'll rep+ for all help given ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Ebuyer are decent...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129034

Shipping should be cheaper too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

if your going with ocuk,

im looking for a watercooling setup for my 2 8800gt.
    any chance i could get you to order them and share postage costs?

dont need much.
    just 2 vga blocks,
    2m of tubing,
    1 bottle of feser coolant,
    and enough fittings.

already have a pump and rad and a res.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Ebuyer are decent...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129034

Shipping should be cheaper too...

Do they ship to Ireland? I can't find a field to set my country when I try to register?
    if your going with ocuk,

im looking for a watercooling setup for my 2 8800gt.
    any chance i could get you to order them and share postage costs?

dont need much.
    just 2 vga blocks,
    2m of tubing,
    1 bottle of feser coolant,
    and enough fittings.

already have a pump and rad and a res.

yeah that might work, only I did this before with someone on here and then OCuk messed up on the order and it was nothing but a headache for both of us for ages trying to get OCuk to sort it out (one of the other reasons I don't want to buy from them again) Also you'd need to collect.

Why are you buying your blocks from OCuk anyway? Couldn't you get them much cheaper at ANY of the other watercooling e-tailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Do they ship to Ireland? I can't find a field to set my country when I try to register?

Have to use google checkout I think, lads below got stuff

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055216425

http://www.ebuyer.com/special/1293

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

yeah that might work, only I did this before with someone on here and then OCuk messed up on the order and it was nothing but a headache for both of us for ages trying to get OCuk to sort it out (one of the other reasons I don't want to buy from them again) Also you'd need to collect.

Why are you buying your blocks from OCuk anyway? Couldn't you get them much cheaper at ANY of the other watercooling e-tailers?

parents and the gf dont want me using my credit card to buy any more. kinda built up a bit of a bill that took me too long to clear it.
    so its spare cash only im afraid.

collection would be fine. your only in dublin.

ive been looking around at the other sites and there isnt a huge price difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

I'd prefer to give the germans my money tbh.
    Their far cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

ram si cheap on ocuk atm. My ram for example is dirt cheap on there, and performans amazingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Some of their graphics card deals are ridiculously cheap, I tend to keep an eye on their weekly deals.

What stings about OCUK is the shipping is about £22, which offsets most of the savings unless you are buying in bulk.

what about watercooling gear? Should I pick up any of the parts for my build now from OCuk or just try and get them all from other watercooling parts suppliers later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I see you're looking for some low RPM fans - you probably might a well get them from overclockers.co.uk. Their Yate Loons seem reasonable - perhaps you could under-volt them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

parents and the gf dont want me using my credit card to buy any more. kinda built up a bit of a bill that took me too long to clear it.
    so its spare cash only im afraid.

collection would be fine. your only in dublin.

ive been looking around at the other sites and there isnt a huge price difference.

http://www.hitide.ie/

TRY Hi-Tide he can source a lot of watercooling stuff and you can collect in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

As a matter of interest, how much does OCUK charge for shipping?

skuzzb wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, how much does OCUK charge for shipping?

£22 :eek: and thats pretty much regardless of how much you are ordering. I just went ahead and ordered from OCuk. I needed a few other things and nowhere else had everything I needed. Which is why OCuk is so bitter sweet, it has the best range of PC products but also has the worst prices.

Got myself a few 800rpm Scythes for my HTPC and some Thermalright RAM heatsinks which i'm going to need for my watercooled build.

It was ridiculously expensive but convenient. Now to see what item they mess up in my order so that I have to return it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Now to see what item they mess up in my order so that I have to return it :(

*sings* aaannnd... always look on, the bright, side, of life... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

Wow £22 aint bad at all....compared to hardwareversand.de your saving 2 quid and all the bank transfer delay! I remembering ordering a motherboard and gfx card a couple of years back from overclockers and it cost 40 quid!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I try to avoid OcUk if possible, Never had a decent experience with them, always some sort of hassle and I hear they have terrible RMA support...

Hardwareversand.de for big orders imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

I always find komplett cheaper

Advertisement