Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday night basketball

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Just to say the weather and interest in Euro 2008 had been against us in the last few week!!

Planning on getting something going again in July.......Wed 2nd 9-10pm, weather permitting.

Will post nearer the time.................so watch this space.

Cheers
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Is that because you've entered the Tour de France ..

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

:pac:No he hasn't.... His legs can't reach the pedals!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Sssshh!! You'll get me into trouble

:p

Cheeky!!
    Watch it or i'll get u a one way ticket to dublin airport (On the Air Coach)

btw...i've just bought a yellow jersey!!

• Advertisement

Morning!!

Don't know what the weather is going to do today....we seem to be having April showers in July!

If you are interested in a game of Basketball tonight 9-10pm please post a confirmation here or pm me.

If we get a min of 5 then I'll book a court and hope for the best with the weather. If the weather turns bad I can cancel at the last minute.

If we can't get 5 or more then no problem at all, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.:)

Cheers

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vicoswimmer

I am in as well (weather permitting)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

Hi guys,

Is this a boys only or can girlies join in? Do you train or just scrimage? I'm moving to the area ina while and I'd love to get involved in BBall again

Any suggestions? or is there a basketball club around?

Hi, welcome to Charlesland!

We haven't played in a while thanks to crappy weather every wednesday. Keep your eyes open for an update!

All are welcome to play.

• Advertisement

Ok cool,I will do

What are the skills levels,I haven't played for about 6 years after breaking my nose (damn street ball!!??)

To be honest I'm probably a bit afraid of the ball but would love the run around - which also hasn't been a priority in a while ;-s

Thanks I'll keep my eyes peeled - are there indoor courts anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tonyd123

schmel22 wrote: »
    Ok cool,I will do

What are the skills levels,I haven't played for about 6 years after breaking my nose (damn street ball!!??)

To be honest I'm probably a bit afraid of the ball but would love the run around - which also hasn't been a priority in a while ;-s

Thanks I'll keep my eyes peeled - are there indoor courts anywhere?

Hi all I'd love to get back playing. Its been bout 5 years but need to get back starting to look more like a fat centre than lean guard. Will there be indoor courts in the new sports centre at the bottom of the charlsland road ?

Nowt wrong with being a fat center. Most of the wednesday night crew fill the role (and their t-shirts) very well.

Hey! Leave centres alone,ya big bully!!! - typical guard always barking the orders - lol!
    Kidding,I'm a 4 or 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maximusk

Hello All

I am moving to Greystones on Sept 1. I would love to get involved in a regular game of hoops no matter what the quality. I need the exercise and need to work the rust off my jumpshot! Please let me know if I can still get involved. Thanks.

Not being around for a while; holidays and then the weather has been so bad!!

Would love to get a weekly game going again but we need to get some decent numbers.

I have the ball and I have €22 in the kitty. I can't do this Weds 13th but if anyone one else wants to play I can arrange for ball and kitty to be passed on.

Other than that I am around Weds 20th August.

Is Wednesday 9.00pm still a good time? Can we get numbers?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tonyd123

Wed 20th is goog for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TychoBrailleur

GingerDave wrote: »
    Is Wednesday 9.00pm still a good time? Can we get numbers?

I'd be glad to join! Depnds on the weather, obviously, but can't wait to play again.

Hello!!:)

OK lets see if we can get the numbers and the weather for tomorrow night Wed 20th Aug 9.00pm.

We can make a call if its going ahead at 4.00pm tomorrow, so we all know where we are.

SO if you can make it tomorrow night please post or PM me so i know how many we have.

If the weather is also "good" ie not raining then it would be great to play.

Thanks

I'm definitely in!! I have to try these new shoes of mine.

• Advertisement

I'm in.

We might have the weather for once!!!

BUT at the moment we don't have the players.
    Unless we get more people confirm its not going to happen this week.

I'll see where we are at at 4.00pm.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maximusk

I'll play at 9 tonight if you need new players. Where is the court? Thanks

Hello!!

I am affraid that there are not enough people around tonight to make any kind of game of it!

So no game tonight.......may be next week .....if we can get the numbers.:)

Cheers
    Dave

Disappointing... I was really looking forward to it!

Anyway, Count me in for next week.

Hopefully my hand will be repaired by then...

Can't wait to play again! It's been a while.

Hi All!

I'm guessing that won't be happening tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

If this is gonna happen again, I'm in! :D but be warned I'm not that good, I was on my school team four years ago, and haven't played a lot since. So I'll go if novice's are welcome that is? :)

We'll try to get this on next week...

Can anyone who is interested and available to play at 9pm next Wednesday, 3rd August, post up here before Monday 1st.

Dave, if there's sufficient interest, can you book the court please?

I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tim131 wrote: »
    If this is gonna happen again, I'm in! :D but be warned I'm not that good, I was on my school team four years ago, and haven't played a lot since. So I'll go if novice's are welcome that is? :)

That would probably place you as one of the more experienced players Tim!

Advertisement