Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday night basketball

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maximusk

I'll play if you all don't mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

It's great that there seems to be more people interest here!!

Eoin will tell ya that the standard doesn't matter, its all about having a bit of a run around and a laugh.

We tend to get 3-5 people who want to play.To be honest it would be better that we had 6-10 people interested.

I think the min we should play with is 6, and we should try and build from there.

I can't do 3rd Sept, i'm on a jolly in Paris with work.
    But i don't mind booking and handing over the ball to someone.

its down to the numbers we can get......it would be great to make it work.

Let me know.
    D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi Dave,

If you want to pass the ball to me, send me a PM and we can arrange to hook up. I'm not around for two weeks after this week, so I'll give the ball to someone else (Eoin?) to look after on Wednesday.

Enjoy Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TychoBrailleur

I'm in for Wednesday. I have a ball as well, let me know if you need me to bring it!

I have the Charlesland ball, court is booked for 9pm. Please confirm if you want to attend (gender and ability irrelevant).

• Advertisement

Just to confirm i have booked the court for 9.00pm Weds!

If you need to cancel because of weather just give them 1 hours notice Mike if thats poss. Enjoy!

I'll be on for next week for sure.
    Cheers

As it's started to rain (again) and the low numbers of confirmations mean there's not much point in three of us standing in the rain.

I'll call to cancel. Hopefully we can get something together in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Only spotted this thread now. I'm working in greystones at the moment, so I might be interested in helping make up the numbers. Used to play when I was in school.

If it's definitely going to be on a wednesday night, then it shouldn't be too hard for me to get off work that evening.

I think, given the run of bad weather/luck over the summer, that perhaps we should investigate hiring the court in the new swimming pool?

we should investigate hiring the court in the new swimming pool?

I didn't realise there was one in there... That'd be cool!

Would there be any point setting up a mailing list with all the people interested in playing too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭kingofthecastle

you can count me in for next wednesday 10th if its going ahead, im the white kobe bryant:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Not going ahead then no?

Could we maybe set a time for next week. I work a lot , so I'll have to fit it in.

Count me in if that's happening. Hopefully the weather will be as good tonight!

The weather is not helping us!!

I suggest we look at booking the new indoor facilities at the new swimming pool (assuming they do basketball.)

I believe they will require money up front, which may also mean that people will have to comitt.

If you are interested in a regular game of basket ball please pm me and over the next few weeks we can see what we can organise.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maximusk

Are any of you interested in trying to put together a regular game in the new sports centre? I checked out the place two weeks ago and have been wanting to play ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

maximusk wrote: »
    Are any of you interested in trying to put together a regular game in the new sports centre? I checked out the place two weeks ago and have been wanting to play ever since.

Haven't got in there yet,but that sounds ideal. I wouldn't mind trying it for a bit,BUT I am extremely unfit so no laughing as I puke courtside!

Are you still thinking of a mix male and female?

I would be on for a regular game but it depends on numbers we can get and the night and time we plan on playing.

Have no problem with mixed male/female; fit/unfit; average/poor.

It's likely that we would have to pay up front, but i'm not sure, so we would need some comittment.

:)So, If your interested please post with your preferred night of the week.:)

GingerDave wrote: »
    I would be on for a regular game but it depends on numbers we can get and the night and time we plan on playing.

Have no problem with mixed male/female; fit/unfit; average/poor.

It's likely that we would have to pay up front, but i'm not sure, so we would need some comittment.

:)So, If your interested please post with your preferred night of the week.:)

ERM! Tuesday/Wednesday. I commute, public transport,from Tallaght so to be on the safe side 8pm would give me plenty of time to get home.

Wednesday for me too.

I think that the new community center have a basketball session on one night a week where you just show up and pay to play. Perhaps if someone has a timetable to hand they can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pokerkings3

Hey,

myself and a couple of people are hitting the centre tonight for some basketball, although tonight (Monday 10th Nov '08) is On Peak, so its €60 per hour for the hall!! but if we got around 10 people, 6 each isnt bad for an hour of play...

we were thinking 8:30pm tonight, will check back on this thread soon,
    it's mixed too.

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 pokerkings3

Hey all,

I'm going to start a new thread on this topic, as there are a couple of people i know trying to set up a team.

so keep your eyes open for it!

Ken

Hey all,

I'm going to start a new thread on this topic, as there are a couple of people i know trying to set up a team.

so keep your eyes open for it!

Ken

Great thanks,how did it go on Monday?

Wednesday for me too.

I think that the new community center have a basketball session on one night a week where you just show up and pay to play. Perhaps if someone has a timetable to hand they can confirm?

Have you seen this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417128

Thanks K

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Tim131

I know this thread is a bit old. But is there any games on during the week at all? and if not, does anyone fancy starting something up, just a friendly game of bball the odd week?

I wish there was free public courts in greystones, where you could just go and play when you want but there isn't :( I desperately want a game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'd love to have a few games if a few others are up for it

Me too, but look what happened the last summer we tried!

Noah could have played point!

I think Ginger Dave has the ball...

Me too, but look what happened the last summer we tried!

Noah could have played point!

I think Ginger Dave has the ball...

I have d ball...somewhere. If we get enough interest i'd be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Is this open to both men and women?? Also do you actually have to be able to play bball?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It was open to everyone the last time we had it up and running - the more the merrier IMO.
    wicklowgal wrote:
    Also do you actually have to be able to play bball??

That would have ruled most of us out.

• Advertisement

Still though Eoin, "Team Moderator" did a reasonable job! The cream of the crap!

Wicklowgal, the standard is "mixed". Some are awful, some terrible.

Advertisement