Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Worst Song Ever

Options
  • 09-04-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Sorry if this has already been covered but please can someone stop 2FM playing "We Love You Ronnie Drew". Would they be playing it if it was called "We Love you Nancy Drew"? No. Now STOP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Ah the ballad of Ronnie Drew...Tis a terrible song. All those talented people..they must have spent about 2 minutes writing that song if i was Ronnie Drew I'd be changing my name about now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, couldn't they have come up with something a bit less infantile than "Here's to you, Ronnie Drew, we love you, yes we do". Sounds like a song six-year-olds are taught at school.

And it kinda rips off Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah it's not the worst song ever
    That's a bit harsh.
    And Ronnie Drew likes it.......or so he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

When I first heard the song, I thought Ronnie Drew had died! An awful, awful song and the writers should be taken out and shot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Haven't heard it but surely it can't be as bad as 'Smile like you mean it' *gets my gun*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Nice idea, very very crap song, i turn it off if its on the radio, if i was Ronnie i'd be :o

In a world where, due to some horrendous evolutionary mistake, The Manic Street Preachers :eek:are allowed to exist, it's very harsh to label "Here's to You Ronnie Drew" as the worst song ever.
    I actually quite like it!!!

*waits for blunt objects to be thrown at self*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I actually quite like it!!!
    quote]

you are deaf?:p Also the Manic's:eek:... here you go
    bluntobject.jpg

OW!!! That hurted!!:(
    Re-The Manics : you cannot being to imagine how much I despise Nicky Wire. Seriously.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

OW!!! That hurted!!:(
    Re-The Manics : you cannot being to imagine how much I despise Nicky Wire. Seriously.:mad::mad::mad:

Ah now, whatever about disliking Wire as a person, the Manics have made some seriously top tunes.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ah now, whatever about disliking Wire as a person, the Manics have made some seriously top tunes.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Most overrated band ever imo. And since Wire is their main songwriter, it's another reason for me to hate him!
    Anyways, this has drifted slightly off-topic:pac:

I wholeheartedly disagree. Most overrated band ever imo. And since Wire is their main songwriter, it's another reason for me to hate him!
    Anyways, this has drifted slightly off-topic:pac:

Agreed. Start a Manics thread so I can sort you out! :D:p

Agreed. Start a Manics thread so I can sort you out! :D:p
    I would not have my name affiliated with such a preposterous thread!! ;)

I would not have my name affiliated with such a preposterous thread!! ;)

Yet you'll give them free publicity by being the first person to mention them in this thread :D:pac:

Yet you'll give them free publicity by being the first person to mention them in this thread :D:pac:
    Ah yes. This thread will obviously be responsible for their continuing success. Damnit anyway!:(

Ah yes. This thread will obviously be responsible for their continuing success. Damnit anyway!:(

No such thing as bad publicity. You reminded me of them so I've gone around the office with my iPod and got everyone to listen to them. One girl is off to buy the whole back catalogue on her lunch. LOOK WHAT YOU"VE DONE!!!

No such thing as bad publicity. You reminded me of them so I've gone around the office with my iPod and got everyone to listen to them. One girl is off to buy the whole back catalogue on her lunch. LOOK WHAT YOU"VE DONE!!!
    What type of bloody office is open at THIS time? :eek:

What type of bloody office is open at THIS time? :eek:

Check my location....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kaiser_Sma

My pal foot foot - by the shaggs

so bad it's good?

Check my location....
    I should really stop assuming everyone on Boards is based in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Crazy Frog- A ring ding ding...not sure of real name...........EDIT...i just remembered its the Police Academy Tune...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

waiting for a star to fall by *googles* Boy Meets Girl

awful song - I hated it in the 80s and it still comes on the radio with alarming regularity...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

callaway92 wrote: »
    Crazy Frog- A ring ding ding...not sure of real name...........EDIT...i just remembered its the Police Academy Tune...

Is it not the Beverly Hills Cop/Axl F tune?

Anyways the worst song ever has to be "living on a prayer" by bon jovi also with a new addition by "now your gone" by bass hunter, i seriously have never heard such noise formed by computers and idiots get so much air time its ridiculous. the lyrics are crap, the tune is tripe, they dont mix together well at all and they dont follow any sort of pattern and is really really disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

This thread isn't a name the worst song ever it's about the song "the ballad of Ronnie Drew" which the OP regards as the worst song ever... this has gone way off topic..but seeing as it has the song i hate the most is probably "Golden Brown" by the stranglers ..it's just the monotone singing voice that does it..and yes i know it's about heroin but that doesn make it good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

gucci wrote: »
    "now your gone" by bass hunter

hang on. botten anna for life. the lyrics are hilariously bad in both the original and this new, more marketable version. loole at dance music.

worst song ever. remember that song "i wish i was a punk rocker"? worst. song. ever.

simple as.

IMO, the worst song ever has to be "Ignition" by R. Kelly.
    :eek::eek::eek:
    It made me doubt the existence of God, and reassured me of the existence of Satan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The original version is horrible but the remix of Ignition is one of the best RnB songs this decade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Anything from Lupe Fiaso.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Irish Top 50 Singles Chart

Take your pick from the link!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

the song i hate the most is probably "Golden Brown" by the stranglers

Now that's just wrong. I don't think I've ever heard of someone disliking "Golden Brown" before.

Advertisement