Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodbrook Glen, Bray

Options
  • 09-04-2008 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey all - does anyone know this estate? Is it considered nice, quiet, etc? Any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's my neck of the woods. It's a nice estate and very quiet. It's a a good walk from the DART though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Friend of mine lives around there nice enough area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

OK, great - thanks to both of you! We visited there recently and it seemed really quiet, really nice - especially The Lawn part - and a bit older and more settled than some other estates around Bray. Glad to hear our first impressions were right!! :-)

OK, great - thanks to both of you! We visited there recently and it seemed really quiet, really nice - especially The Lawn part - and a bit older and more settled than some other estates around Bray. Glad to hear our first impressions were right!! :-)
    Good luck with it :)

I just saw that you started the thread about getting to UCD as well. It's a very quick bus ride from the Woodbrook Glen end of Bray, as the bus only has to go through Shankill before it's bus lanes all the way. I'd say it's no more than a 20 min bus ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

:D
    We've just gone sale agreed there and we're very excited!! Looks like it's all going to work out perfectly!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my aunt should to live in the Lawn, its really quiet there and you dont notice the sound of the trains after a while but it is just in the middle of nowhere

Middle of nowhere? Apart from the distance to the DART station, it's about as accessible as you can get in Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

yeah it's only a minute to the n11 and the town is a 15 minute walk.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

eoin_s wrote: »
    Middle of nowhere? Apart from the distance to the DART station, it's about as accessible as you can get in Bray?

its fine if you have a car but if you are relying on public transport you have a problem and there is nothing on that side of the town, i hear the garage, is it statoil? anyway, its being pulled down (CPO apparently) which means the nearest shop is going to be shankill or superquinn.

Personally, having grown up in that area, i feel its very isolated

irishbird wrote: »
    its fine if you have a car but if you are relying on public transport you have a problem and there is nothing on that side of the town, i hear the garage, is it statoil? anyway, its being pulled down (CPO apparently) which means the nearest shop is going to be shankill or superquinn.

Personally, having grown up in that area, i feel its very isolated

There are two 24 hour garages there, are both being taken down? Also, the bus routes really aren't that bad - the 45 runs every 15-20 minutes during rush hour, and the 145 is every 10 - 15 minutes at rush hour. The bus stop is no more than 10 minutes walk from the furthest part of the estate. That's really not that remote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Realistically, you have 4 bus routes that go past Woodbrook, 45, 145, 84 and 45a... pretty handy!

the esso garage at woodbrook is pretty much right beside you!

I didn't really want to mention the 84 as it's pretty infrequent, and not even that consistent, but certainly the 145 and 45 aren't too bad.

Advertisement