Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Imagine Business Telephone

• 09-04-2008 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

Can anyone comment on Imagine's Business Telephone service?
    We recently changed form BT to Imagine Business Telephone and have been having problems ever since, ranging from echo on lines to lines being dropped, lines appearing busy to callers when they're not etc. They told us they tested the lines themselves from their exchange and everything was fine.. Has anyone else experienced these problems or know if Imagine's exchange/routing infrastructure is up to scratch??

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nothing about any of Imagines services are up to scratch.
    Get out if you still can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rcly123

Hi Kaizersoze,

Do you mean that they have a very poor technical set-up or what? Have a friend just thinking of taking on Imagine as a small business (move from eircom); are they worse than eircom then in your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Firstly Im in the telecoms business installing phone systems. Ive recently had an ssue myself with imagine. Now I have to state that I was very impressed that they answered the calls quickly, they also dont make you talk to a computer and I found the staff very very friendly and for all of them seemed Irish and to be well spoken.

Now comes the down side. Ive lost 3 full working days re configuring the phone systems to work after I order new lines from imagine and they were set up all wrong. Then the lines vanished and Ive had awful problems.

In their defence they dont have anyway of testing lines as all they use is an eircom website to test the lines from the exchange to your premises. Secondly the are at the mercy of Eircom no matter what they do If I order a new line, or a change to the nnetwork set up all they do is request it from Eircom and I have a sneaky feeling Eircom dont put these requests in as fast as their own.

As I say its a shame because to deal with their very good but until the back end gets tighter they are being made out to be worse than they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rcly123

FusionNet wrote: »
    Secondly the are at the mercy of Eircom no matter what they do If I order a new line, or a change to the nnetwork set up all they do is request it from Eircom and I have a sneaky feeling Eircom dont put these requests in as fast as their own.

?hmmn?, I've been told that Imagine are Eircom Wholesales 2nd biggest Customer.

That is, Eircom Wholesale owns the infrastructure: if your 'with Eircom' your really with 'Eircom Retail' who are the selling side of Eircom. In order to do any tech stuff, 'Eircom Retail' log a call with 'Eircom Wholesale' who employ contractors to do the network work.
    Now, as I understand it, Imagine and 'Eircom Retail' are about equal customers to 'Eircom Wholesale', and so they would be inclined to issue a networks guy (contracting) as fast to Imagine as they would to Eircom Retail.
    He/She's as likely to do the work as fast for Imagine as Eircom, as he/she's on contract.

There should be very little difference in network support as far as I understand it?

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

rcly123 wrote: »
    ?hmmn?, I've been told that Imagine are Eircom Wholesales 2nd biggest Customer.

That is, Eircom Wholesale owns the infrastructure: if your 'with Eircom' your really with 'Eircom Retail' who are the selling side of Eircom. In order to do any tech stuff, 'Eircom Retail' log a call with 'Eircom Wholesale' who employ contractors to do the network work.
    Now, as I understand it, Imagine and 'Eircom Retail' are about equal customers to 'Eircom Wholesale', and so they would be inclined to issue a networks guy (contracting) as fast to Imagine as they would to Eircom Retail.
    He/She's as likely to do the work as fast for Imagine as Eircom, as he/she's on contract.

There should be very little difference in network support as far as I understand it?

Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

Yes your wrong haha..!! Ive been told this by Eircom, when I had my problems with Imaine they told me that eircom had a five day business lead time and that they could not question the request till this time was up. When I contacted Eircom they said they couldnt look into the fault as the client was with iagine but if they were with Eircom they could get things moving faster. BT is Eircoms biggest customer and even they are given daft lead times, its ust part of the whole overall control problem. Yes in theory eircom has to give imagine customers the same treatment as there own but in reality I know from many conversations that Eircom can and do decide who gets there job done first and this is all decided on a local level, not by dublin or customer care...

• Advertisement
Advertisement