Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Song Room, (moving to The Globe every Wednesay from July 9th).

• 09-04-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Myself and a friend decided we wanted to find a weekly residency where we could hone our songs live in a good setting. So we started one.

This Monday 14th April at 8.30 is the first night of "The Song Room" in O'Sullivans (NOW MOVED TO THE GLOBE EVERY WEDNESDAY STARTING JULY 9TH), D2. Each we week we will be performing and inviting 2 other songwriters to join us for a 30 minute set each. There is a real piano in the venue, which is very nice to have.

There are some really great guests lined up. Both the established and the rising. This week is Sleepy Rise, a young quality indie-pop act and Max Greenwood, who has played piano on Tom Baxter's hits and is a really great songwriter in his own right.

If any fellow Boardsies make it down be sure to say hi! Entry is free.

[IMG][/img]songroomflierll7.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Not sure if anyone from these parts made it down. The night went great and there was a great vibe with some great music.

Blog on it here myspace

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I popped in v.late and caught last song of last act. Looked a cracking night. Well attended and like you say a very good vibe. Good work. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭harmacist

Two mates went for the last hour. Singin the praises.

Delighted to hear it and good to know there were some Boardsies down. I'll be the second last act of 4 this Monday. The guest acts are Jay Wilson, a classicaly trained musician who also writes great songs and will be playing the piano and Ria who has lovely folksy, soulful ballads.

I'll try make it earlier this time(at least for your set). I'll be the one that's not wearing skinny jeans,trilby hat,PLO scarf, skinny black tie with a Madness motif on it,bling white trainers and flock of seaguls hairdo. I'll stand out so.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    I'll try make it earlier this time(at least for your set). I'll be the one that's not wearing skinny jeans,trilby hat,PLO scarf, skinny black tie with a Madness motif on it,bling white trainers and flock of seaguls hairdo. I'll stand out so.

:D:D:D Hopefully see you then.

Another good night Frob, v.well done. Professional in organization,relaxed in presentation. Again a good crowd (was there less skinny jeans this week? I'll put it on the graph).
    Looking forward to seeing Jackdev do his thing next week.

Another good night Frob, v.well done. Professional in organization,relaxed in presentation. Again a good crowd (was there less skinny jeans this week? I'll put it on the graph).
    Looking forward to seeing Jackdev do his thing next week.

Nice one Humber. Great to have yourself and Jack down. Looking forward to next week myself too. :)

Another great night at The Song Room last night, great crowd and great music. Boards.ie's own Jack DeValera was down and played a really good set, went down really well with the crowd. Next Monday is Bowie night, going to be great. :)

I'll second that Frob. Another quality night. Different each time too. Jack's set was a cracker. I was chatting and listening to people who weren't affiliated to any act, people just happening to be there for night out, and the feed back was all excellent.
    My pics didn't come out well but I'll give it another go.
    How are you working the Bowie night? What if eveyone wants to play the man who sold the world? Is there a line up confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Is this thing on on bank holiday Mondays? That's my first Monday night off in a while.

Thanks.

Oink wrote: »
    Is this thing on on bank holiday Mondays? That's my first Monday night off in a while.

Thanks.

It is indeed on on all Bank Holiday Mondays. We're hoping they'll be even better! Here's a link to our facebook group which is a great way to stay in touch with people on it all. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31145025423&ref=ts

This Monday we are having abit of a Bowie theme night. Here's a link to the page for it: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=15530523011

Hope to see you there. Feel free to drop up and say hello!

Another cracking night frobisher. I didn't get there til late so missed jack and brian however Oink made it early and he was raving about them. Excellent work once again.

Another cracking night frobisher. I didn't get there til late so missed jack and brian however Oink made it early and he was raving about them. Excellent work once again.

Yeah, it's been going really well. Great artists, great numbers and a lovely vibe all round. I have to say that I really enjoyed doing my set, the crowd were great. So one day we may have you up yourself for an auld choon?

Your set went very well frobisher. Good sound and plenty of confidence.
    My stuff needs work. Listening to how you lot do it is a big help as is the airing room and hearing other people talk about there writing process. I think I need a proper sparring partner for a few weeks to shape my songs into something more than interesting plink-plonk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keith_m

That night sounds great - I must pop down some night to check it out. Nice one. How does one go about getting a slot on the night?

Jack dev. tell's me that you're on the move after the bank holiday Frobisher. What's the news?

Youºre right Humber, The Song Room is on the move. Onwards and upwards and all that stuff. I´ll let you know as soon as it´s boxedoff.com.

The Song Room will re-launch on July 9th in The Globe and will be there every Wednesday night. It took a little while to get everything ironed out but all is sorted now. It´s going to be a great buzz with many improvements over our last run of shows. More details to follow soon!

Still lokking good for the 9th frobisher?
    Charles (black french barman in the globe) is a good mate of mine but he was saying he wasn't sure if it was still going ahead. He was v.drunk at the time and looked confused. My drunkness and look of confusion wasn't helping the situation.
    So is it still full steam ahead?

• Advertisement

Still lokking good for the 9th frobisher?
    Charles (black french barman in the globe) is a good mate of mine but he was saying he wasn't sure if it was still going ahead. He was v.drunk at the time and looked confused. My drunkness and look of confusion wasn't helping the situation.
    So is it still full steam ahead?

Still going ahead alright. Hope to see you there!

Tonight we have Felix Sonny Boy Wilson, Brian Brody, Jay Wilson & The Amazing Few. Drop down folks! The Song Room, The Globe, Wednesday nights, 8.30. Always free.

Advertisement