Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hand Marks

Options
  • 09-04-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭

:mad::mad:
    There is hand prints on a few areas of my car and I cant get them off,they look like somebody had something on their hands (maby something with acid in it),they have been there a while and I keep trying things to remove them,but so far nothing has worked.The car is a light silver.
    Any ideas please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

holly1 wrote: »
    There is hand prints on a few areas of my car and I cant get them off,they look like somebody had something on their hands (maby something with acid in it),they have been there a while and I keep trying things to remove them,but so far nothing has worked.The car is a light silver.
    Any ideas please.

Try some T-cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

steve06 wrote: »
    Try some T-cut

metallic paint if its silver?

id use Autoglym Super Resin Polish and a good polishing cloth
    its very gentle
    t-cut will work but i prefer the autoglym on metalics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

get some of this
    http://www.detailer.ie/shop/product_info.php?products_id=90

i got mine in halfords - cost 37€ but the results were amazing - never used any product that got such a smooth finish to the painwork. it will get more than hand marks off.
    its just a lump of clay that you rub until the surface is clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Brint

holly1 wrote: »
    Any ideas please.
    This happened me before, and I just used some Motopalm. Comes right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you can get T-cut for metallic cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Dont bother with the clay bar kit - get some meguiars paint cleaner. I had some oily fingerprints as well as some household paint on my car - claybar didnt budge it, this stuff took it off in seconds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Thanks everyone I will give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

steve06 wrote: »
    you can get T-cut for metallic cars

never said you couldn't said that i prefered autoglym on metallics
    i even said that t-cut would work

Advertisement