Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

townspark-navan

Options
  • 09-04-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi

I need any information about Townspark in Navan.we want to buy a hause in this area.....is this place safe and quite? we just found that houses in this area are much cheaper-why??Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Known localy as THEE worst estate in Navan, Council houses full of ....... nice people. most of the folks in there are nice, its just the little ****heads that give the place a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 marigo

Known localy as THEE worst estate in Navan, Council houses full of ....... nice people. most of the folks in there are nice, its just the little ****heads that give the place a bad name.

thanks....
    that sounds not to good...but if not all people are bad....:rolleyes:.
    we are polish family with 2 small kids,and I am thinking about their life and future.Are those people friendly for foreigners?we want to avoid troubles:(
    Maybe can u tell me something about primery schools-which of Navan's schools is the best,what about school in townspark? any playground in this area?will be grateful:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Djzien dobre.

I hate to say it, but I guess we have to be realistic, I know a few scumbags in there who are anti-foreigner as well as everything else. You should try somewhere else. Navan is the right town I reckon anyway, plenty of Polish people and plenty of Kaunas shops :p

St.Pauls school has a good few Polish people in it, you should try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dutchy0101

I am in the same situation. Please I need informations about Ros Na RI in Navan Co. meath.Thinking about buying a house there. I will appreciate any information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 montyballs

no no no no no no no no.......... don't buy in there there's some other good area's around navan at the same price or there abouts..... too much scum live in or around the place..... the best thing to do is walk around the area in the day and then again at night to see if its the right area for you..... and do it a couple of times midweek and weekend some times you will see a big differnce...... good luck and happy hunting..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

In an attempt not to be completely negative, Townspark and a few others similar are former council estates. As a result, there are still some houses under council management however many are now privately owned. The downside is that those which are still under council management aren't always rented out to socially adaptable tenants.....have to be PC. The other thing about Townspark is that over the past couple of years they have had a lot of trouble with their water supplies, poor roads and services and they seem to be bottom of the council's list when it comes to any improvements or expenditure. Sorry to but a dampner on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 STILETTOOO

townspark today? any impovements after over 3 yrs? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

STILETTOOO wrote: »
    townspark today? any impovements after over 3 yrs? thanks

Have you actually looked at the property? Townspark has a number of abandoned houses and is quite dreary but it is currently the subject of a restoration project so it could be quite nice in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

Have a friend desperately trying to sell up but with so many uninhabited houses, the location looks like an eyesore at the moment. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the restoration project. It was supposed to have started two years ago. With things they way they are now, it'll be another two years I'd say before it even appears back on a working agenda.
    Lot of houses on the North side of the town at the moment. Johnstown Woods, Bailis Downs, Priory, Millbrook & Spire View all seem to have very good prices if you're still in a position to buy Stilettoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Have a friend desperately trying to sell up but with so many uninhabited houses, the location looks like an eyesore at the moment. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the restoration project. It was supposed to have started two years ago. With things they way they are now, it'll be another two years I'd say before it even appears back on a working agenda.
    Lot of houses on the North side of the town at the moment. Johnstown Woods, Bailis Downs, Priory, Millbrook & Spire View all seem to have very good prices if you're still in a position to buy Stilettoo

It has already begun in Townspark. There are at least 2 active work sites there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

This thread isnt far off 4 years old AKA a zombie thread and when zombie threads are resurrected some of the info may not be up to date.
    I suggest if you want to continue tue discussion to start a new thread under a new title. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement