Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building aquarium

Options
  • 09-04-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm looking for advice/help as i'm planning to build a custom aquarium. I know this is not a task to be taken lightly and requires some patience but i'm confident i can manage. My first problem is findng a glass place to actually provide 15mm or even 12mm thick glass. I've rang a couple of places who supply no thicker than 10mm and i've contacted fingal glass centre who have not come back with a quote yet. I wonder is my order too small.

What I want is to keep the cost as low as possible and to have a large but narrow tank to fit into a particular area. the depth cannot exceed 18 inches if it's to be flush with the chimney breast which is why i'm self buiding. I would also consider allowing someone else to build the tank if the price was right. Any tips given are appreciated. measurements below.

1830mm x 460mm base

1830mm x 760mm x 2 pcs front & back

430mm x 760mm x 2 pcs sides

460mm x 150mm x 2 pcs braces

Advertisement