Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transparent tables in Photoshop

Options
  • 09-04-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭

Hi, I looked in the PS tips and tricks forum and couldn't find out how to make transparent tables to use as placeholders for pics. I want to do two things.
    1. merge a number of images together in one strip much like the header in this site, and have the same effect on the edges.
    2. insert a logo and put a text box beside it and then grouping it to save as one image.

I thik I'm on the right track, but if anyones got better ideas how to do this I'm all ears!

Cheers

LIB

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You should find an action that does that for you.
    One method would be to use the Contact Sheet script (found under file > automate)
    and then use a layer mask and a gradient to get the blend.

Ideally you would merge every second layer to one layer and every other to another.
    Then when it comes to applying the mask to fade the edges you only need use a single mask on the top layer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭haz

Hi, I looked in the PS tips and tricks forum and couldn't find out how to make transparent tables to use as placeholders for pics.

I had a similar task of creating correctly-sized CD / DVD covers from images or text for the front, back and spine while resizing (with a change in aspect ratio if necessary) the source images. In the end I used Open Office Writer because it allows you to specify a transparent placeholder with all the parameters (size, stretch- and aspect mode) and then switch the path to the source image.

I suppose saving a PDF would get the result back out as a readable image file to edit the result.

Advertisement