Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certification: Where to start

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

question3 wrote: »
    would a router sim be needed for the CCENT?
    It would be a good idea as the CCENT covers setting up a switch (which is basic enough) and setting up basic routing. If you haven't used a cisco IOS command line interface then it would be a good idea to have something to practice on to help you get used to the commands. If you are going to buy a router simulator then possibly look at purchasing a cisco 851/871 router instead as it can work out at about the same price.
    question3 wrote: »
    see i think i will end up getting the CCNA in two stages.
    Definitely do it in two stages. It doesnt cost that much extra and will be less pressure on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Based on all the replies above, it would seem that Comptia wouldnt be much good ? Nobody has recommended it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Comptia offer many certifications, so it would depend on what ones you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Comptia offer many certifications, so it would depend on what ones you are talking about.

My apologies, I meant to type CompTIA A+

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tableman wrote: »
    Based on all the replies above, it would seem that Comptia wouldnt be much good ? Nobody has recommended it.
    Depends. If you have no certs, the CompTIA A+ will open doors for you, on the lower rungs of IT Support. Sure, they may not be great jobs, but you'll be seen as someone with some type of IT qualification.

• Advertisement
Advertisement