Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midnight Releases?

• 09-04-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

So Where is doing midnight Releases? Ive Mine Oreered in Game Dundrum but not sure if they are doing one. If Not ill go get it in tesco, (as it was free to pre order in game)
    So?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

According to (damn forgot the poster) Dawston St. will, but they're not taking Pre-Orders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they're not taken anymore, big difference could you imagine the onslaught if they were selling them on a first come first served basis :eek:

Cremo wrote: »
    they're not taken anymore, big difference could you imagine the onslaught if they were selling them on a first come first served basis :eek:

That would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cremo wrote: »
    It'd be worth watching for the laugh:):cool::D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

shops have stopped taking pre-orders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I was in Game on dawsons st. yesterday and they told me they are not taking any more pre-orders but they will have some on the shelfs and they are opening at midnight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Does anyone know when the next load of games will be released? I'm thinking i'm not going to be able to get this on launch, but i'd really like to have it by the weekend after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

i think Game in dundrum are opening late too, Heard From a friend who works there, he wasnt %100 on it though., Ill Be there! Pick up some beer in tesco on the way home, happy days, Not working that day anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone know any of the shops in Limerick opening at midnight? GameStop in the crescent did for Halo 2 and 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Gamestop in Clare Hall are opening at 12am

• Advertisement

Is there any specific thing that influences a shop opening at Midnight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is there any specific thing that influences a shop opening at Midnight?
    demand that's about it, and they are pressured into it, if one store does it and they don't it will be a loss of potential earnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Game in Cork are doing midnight releases!

dutch druid how did you find this info out? did they tell you when you booked the game?

I'm still clinging to hope that Dun Laoghaire will.

I'll queue like that geek i'm not if there's a midnight release. My anticipation for this game is like what all the geeks were like waiting for Star Wars back in the day:D

This is our Star Wars people!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Game in Cork are doing midnight releases!

mahon point and patrick street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Melion wrote: »
    Anyone know any of the shops in Limerick opening at midnight? GameStop in the crescent did for Halo 2 and 3

Did you find anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Markvtos

Unlike all you people, i have a life!! :D But seriously, i've never done an all nighter for any game ever, and anyways i have to be up for college the next day! So all you will have the satisfaction of playing the game several hours before i do!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Did you find anywhere?

Nope, nowhere in Limerick is doing it. Ill try Tesco in Coonagh on the night though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Markvtos wrote: »
    Unlike all you people, i have a life!! :D But seriously, i've never done an all nighter for any game ever, and anyways i have to be up for college the next day! So all you will have the satisfaction of playing the game several hours before i do!

Haha you are going to actually go to college the day GTA come out???

Man students have changed a lot since i was there.....

• Advertisement

WellyJ wrote: »
    Haha you are going to actually go to college the day GTA come out???

Man students have changed a lot since i was there.....

Don't fear, I'm in college and the day GTA is out will signal the end of the year for me. I'll be 'studying for my exams' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

Hi Guy's new to the board!

Anywho with that out of the way, someone mentioned Clarehall Gaemstop being open @ midnight, anyone got any idea if they are out of pre-orders or if the 24hr tesco sells games and what the chances of getting a copy there at midnight would be.

Being based in swords it would be easy enough pop over but a bit out of the way if there was no copies left(no midnighters in swords as far as I know). Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

anyone know if extravision are gonna be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

I don't think they open to midnight on weekdays and doubt they will do so for GTA4 but every report seems to suggest most xtravisions have sold out of their intial shipment anyway.(Can't get a preorder in swords and i've heard of others saying same!)

Ridiculously they are taking pre-orders for a 2nd shipment but not telling folks until after they have placed their order:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Galway, GAME is opening at midnight. Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Anybody know of any midnight releases in Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Pre ordered in gamestop in swords, waiting till round 4 so i spend the first half of the day wetting myself with anticipation...

Kanney wrote: »
    Galway, GAME is opening at midnight. Cant wait.

Is it?. And is this for Pre-Booking only cause i did'nt get on there list!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mikew1985 wrote: »
    Ridiculously they are taking pre-orders for a 2nd shipment but not telling folks until after they have placed their order:rolleyes:
    I traded in two games to buy mario kart and had €10 left over, he asked me would I like a €10 voucher to buy GTA in the second week, my god how I laughed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement