Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6120 from 3

• 09-04-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I was looking for a new phone when I spotted the Nokia 6120 on the 3 site. I presume they mean 6120 Classic but anyway, 150 Euro for a phone with that spec seems fairly gooood. So does anyone have it?? What you think??

Also, Iv seen videos of the phones internet browser. Is this just like the internet on every phonn that you pay to access over 3G or whatever?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Don't do it!

I got one at the end of January and have been severly disappointed. In particular the battery life is laughable, worst I've got so far is 8 hours standby with just 5 or 6 calls being made. Every day is a gamble if I'll have any battery left by early evening.

There has been a few threads recently from others with similar bad experiances.

Also have a look back at threads on 3's coverage and customer service.

MSN Messenger I found to be unusable as it disconnects everytime that signal strength drops, Skype is great when it works but can take up to 15mins to sign in sometimes.

I'm currently in dispute with Carphone warehouse as they refused to refund me when I brought the phone back after 7 days even though 3 offer a 14 day no quibble money back guarantee!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Been fine for me. It's a neat little smart phone.
    A worthy successor to the 6680 I had before it.
    Charge it every few days. The data connection does seem to drain the battery fairly quickly.
    I don't tend to use messenger and the like too much so maybe that's why I haven't noticed any battery issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

I use one as a modem for my laptop, works very well.

Maybe pick up a cheap one unlocked on eBay, mine was only about eighty squids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Both I and wife have them (black and white resp.)

Nice little phone - battery is about the same as N73 which I had previously, but it's smaller, lighter, has the faster CPU, better screen, HSDPA, etc.

I have it running fring, skype, msn, gmail, google maps, etc. without any issues.

For the money - I haven't seen anything that comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement