Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest place to buy all this?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

Ok now i dont mind getting anything 2nd hand (provided the price is substantially lower than retail) but does anyone know the cheapest place to get the following
    A Q6600 (Doesnt need to be retail, going to buy my own cooling for it anyways)
    Atleast 4GB of memory
    Good enough Motherboard
    A quality PSU that can actually run all this (Dont get me any insane 1kw+ PSUs :D)
    And either a 8800gtx or a 8800gts (A gts if its alot cheaper i.e. 50 euro or more)
    And last but not least some monster sized harddrive 500gb or more
    And a 76gb raptor

Anyone know any second hand computer parts stores (On the internet)
    Also what do you think of them specs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

This site here

http://www2.hardwareversand.de

Dont get a raptor, get a samsung spinpoint f1 750gb or 1TB (if you want to know why look round the forums)

If your building for gaming 8800gtx is on its way out have a look at the other options out there at the minute first such as 9800gx2, 9800gtx, 8800gts (512mb version), 9600gt in sli or 8800gt (maybe sli for that too if you can get a good price) are better options at the minute.

Unless your using a 64 bit OS theres no point in more than 4gigs of memory as you wont be able to use it!

PSU get a Corsair 750W, its come recomeneded and reasearched in other threads here.

And rememver the non retail intel chips might be a couple of quid cheaper and without HSF but as far as I know you only get 1 year warantee instead of 3 (dont quote me on that!!!)

Also you dont give a price range or what youll be using the pc for! It could all be complete overkill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

my budget is 500 euro atm, yes i know a bit low for the specs but I can configure this computer for 390 euro on newegg.com (612 dollars) but as you all know no international delivery :mad:

have a 64 bit vista license so thats no problem, sure most games work alright on 64bit these days i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

€500 is pushing it...

You dont need a Quad ( nothing but hype ), an overclocked E2180 is more than enough for everything, you can get 100% overclock out of most them...

aolb50woy5716483igt2_thumb.jpg

Actually i think it may be possible to get this stuff off newegg.com
    http://www.mbex.net/
    These people supposedly give you your own US Mailing Address so i can order off Newegg and have it shipped to me...
    Only thing is
    110 dollars to ship to ireland with that company >_>
    Translates to 60-ish euro = 450 euro total which isnt too bad considering what i'd be getting,
    what you all think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭skuzzb

You probably need a US credit card though....as your on a tight budget your best option is exactly what squall has pointed you towards. My advice would be save a bit more. Also you say this computer but dont provide any specs or links!?
    Also keep an eye out on www.adverts.ie for good second hand deals. Infact I may be putting up a PSU, Processor and 8800gts up today....still deciding!

Advertisement