Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will 3V get any better?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Will 3V eventually go the same way as Chequepoint Master Card so you can actually use it in shops and hotels etc?

That would be great!

Or is there an Irish version of Chequepoint Master Card around already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wirecard ftw!

Just my opinion though.. people have had problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

What sort of problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Credit card TBH. Less hassle and cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

stepbar wrote: »
    Credit card TBH. Less hassle and cheaper in the long run.

But, also easier to spend money you don't have which is what I want to avoid.

kleefarr wrote: »
    But, also easier to spend money you don't have which is what I want to avoid.

That's fair enough but TBH the charges on a 3V are criminal. The trick is to pay off the credit card every month, that way you avoid charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I find 3v vouchers are getting harder and harder to get as a lot of shops have stopped selling them.

Tried wirecard aswell but wasnt impressed, ended up getting a credit card, much less hassle.

+ 1 to that. It's a pain to have to deal with 3V but in the long run C/C is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

You could always get a credit card and have a low credit limit on it. That way you can't run up big debts. Instruct the bank not to increase the credit limit. And if you need to spend more money (booking a holiday or whatever), you can always lodge money into your credit card account. That's what I do anyways.

Firetrap wrote: »
    You could always get a credit card and have a low credit limit on it. That way you can't run up big debts. Instruct the bank not to increase the credit limit. And if you need to spend more money (booking a holiday or whatever), you can always lodge money into your credit card account. That's what I do anyways.

+1 to that . It's the sensible option TBH.

Advertisement