Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webpage resizing?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering (using dreamweaver and photoshop) is there any way to have your webpage automatically resize to that user resolution their using?

Say one person is using 800*600 and another is uing 1280*1024 i dont want a really small looking webpage and neither do i want the user to have to scroll left to right???

Not sure how to auto adjust...or am I just better off going for an inbetween size?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Use relative sizes (percentages or ems) rather than fixed sizes.

IMO, the best thing to do is to design for a middling size. 800x600 is very rarely used anymore, and nearly nobody on a higher resolution in the 1280+ range is going to be using a browser full screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

+1 on what aidan said....the only issue you'll run into is the size of graphics, but if you have server-side graphics processing capability (PHP + GD2/ImageMagic, for example) you can even get around that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Im using photoshop and creating slices for different links. But how do you delete just one slice? Ive a around 16 different slices on each page but if i misplace one slice how do you get rid of it?

I can go to view and clear slices (which gets rid of them all) but its a pain if i have them all ready and then accidentally misplace one...:confused:

Advertisement