Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting: is there room for negotiation?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Currenlty renting in south side of the city and lease will be up soon, was looking on daft for a while and there seems to be a lot of the same listings for quite a while, anyone have any thoughts on rent negotiation for apartment lettings (1300/1400 a month ish)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you're looking at an area where there is an obvious over supply of rented accommodation- then, I don't really see why not. A slightly lower rent is far preferable than an empty apartment after all, from a landlords perspective. Its worth a shot, but I wouldn't hold my hopes up that they'd bite the bullet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeah thanks, i guess I'll see how busy the viewings are compared to last year

Advertisement