Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have the Netopia 2247 NWG drivers handy?

Options
  • 09-04-2008 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

So I'm having weird problems with my connection (its dropping occasionally for like 10 minutes at a time) I've tried everything in the modems internal menu application (192.168.1.254) but nothing seems to work so I'm going to uninstall it altogether delete everything associated with it and start from scratch. You'd think that a wireless modem in thousands of Irish homes drivers would be relatively easy to come by using Google or whatever but it comes up nothing as does the website (firmware upgrades only) so does anyone have the setup program laying around? Maybe on the Eircom CD? I doubt its that big.

Anybody help?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had that problem with that modem, faulty modem, phoned Eircom support and new one sent out straight away

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

why not use ethernet port, no drivers needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

slave1 wrote: »
    I had that problem with that modem, faulty modem, phoned Eircom support and new one sent out straight away

You see I'm not sure if its actually the modem I reckon I changed something minute ages back and now its incompatible with something, I've spent the last 4 days trying every kind of trick in the book but it keeps happening.

slave1 wrote: »
    stanley1 wrote: »
    why not use ethernet port, no drivers needed.

OK I'm not using USB at all just connected to an ethernet port but I'm kind of new to using the connection so I don't need a driver if I'm connecting to an ethernet port? I can maybe download the drivers for the Ethernet (Network Card in Device Manager) and maybe start the modem from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

is device manager showing yellow exclamation mark on network card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What drivers u on bout? its a router, no need for a driver?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    What drivers u on bout? its a router, no need for a driver?

My old router was USB powered and needed drivers.

I've never had to reinstall this router before so I didn't know it didn't need drivers.

I reinstalled the network card again and it all seems fine now.

Thanks for the input.

Advertisement