Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

selling privately/buying NI

Options
  • 09-04-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hi,

wondering if anyone can offer some advice on 3 questions.....

(1) any thoughts on the best way to sell a car privately, ie which website/publication to use? im going to be selling a 2002 peugeot 307...

(2) is it just me or can anyone else not use the vrt calculator on the revenue site?! im trying to get a price for a rav4 but any combination of specs/years i enter wont work. just keep getting a msg saying car not found.....driving me nuts!

(3) any idea which model of rav4 is the most economical? im guessing 2 litre diesel for day to day fuel but will obviously will be the most expensive to tax...

any help on any of the above is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

if that website is driving you nuts then try ringing them! its a "press 2 for this,press 3 for that" type thing they have,then they put you hold for 20 mins then hang up on you! better off just calling into your local revenue office!

carzone seems to be the way to go for selling by the way

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1 - carzone is probably the best of the bunch imo

2 - maybe the rav 4 is classed as an estate (X5 is)

3 - havent a clue, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

carzone it is so...thanks!

il ring the revenue tomorow, not looking forward to that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Carzone is defo the way to go. But i wouldn't get too over excited about prices on it, some people don't know where they are at. Start at the bottom and work ur way up until u find a few similar to ur own.

Now there are 106 2002 Peugeut 307's for sale, so ur going to have trouble attractin a buyer if u set ur prices too high, also the market for the seller has gone down atm, so don't be too put off if u don't get many calls.

Pictures are a must. The more the merry. Take 9 pics in clear daylight. Try to incorporate every angle of the car, two of the interior and one of the boot. The rest can be the outside, one from each corner and maybe one of the wheels (if they are anything special ie. not hubcaps).

If u wanted to post the details of ur car here, i'm sure some of the lads will be able to help u decide on the best way to price it and to market it. Also once u have it on carzone, post a link here and we can all voice our opinions on what to change etc.

Best of luckin with the sale,
    LM

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Through it up on www.adverts.ie. It's free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

Rav4 is classed as estate on ROS.ie.
    The XTR (limited edition) model had cruise control,auto-dim rear view mirror,heated wing mirrors,tinted glass in rear windows.
    I had a 05 2.0 D4D,did 44 to the gallon.
    Try www.usedcarsni.com for an idea of whats for sale.
    Good luck!

Advertisement