Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving in

Options
  • 09-04-2008 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    What does a tenant usually have to give a landlord before moving in?
    i.e.
    Do they have to give the deposit and first month rent before the keys and if so what is the usually practise for paying this, by cheque, bankers draft or lodged into the account?

Thanks a million
    Tim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I'd imagine most would use a bank draft. There are no set rules, but meeting at the house, and the swap of the rent and deposit for the keys seems the best idea. If it's a letting agent you're dealing with then it's always good for a receipt to be issued in respect of any cash changing hands. I'm not sure what if any use a receipt from an individual would be.

Obviously if a lease is being signed then a copies of it should also be handed over.

Advertisement