Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merlin to Start charging €10 for Snapshot

Options
  • 09-04-2008 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I like getting Merlin's Auction Snapshot, its interesting reading, but don't think I'll pay €10 for it.

Here is an email I just got from there:
    Snapshot is now available by subscription only

Five years ago, when first we started compiling Snapshot on an informal basis we genuinely had no idea quite how popular this online publication would become and how quickly and widely our distribution list would grow.

The growth of Snapshot has been phenomenal

So much so, that Snapshot it is now firmly established as a key source of accurate up-to-the-minute information about car auction prices in Ireland. However, with its increased popularity comes increased administration and distribution costs and, of course, an increased emphasis on us to meet our monthly publication deadlines.

In order for us to uphold and maintain the consistently high quality of this wonderful online publication for the future, we have taken the decision to charge a nominal subscription of e10 for each future monthly edition of Snapshot, bringing the total cost of 12 issues of Snapshot to e120.

As you will appreciate, this represents excellent value for money, but we have decided to do something extra for our regular snapshot users

For regular subscribers to Snapshot we are offering a special reduced annual rate of e84 for an annual subscription (12 editions) to Snapshot. This is a very worthwhile savings of e3 per issue or e36 per annum off the full subscription rate, and we hope that you will take full advantage of it.

Advertisement