Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Desserts

Options
  • 09-04-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Just wondering where is the nicest desert around limerick. Want to get some for communion this May and not really a desert lover myself apart from a chocolate cake. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I don't have first hand experience but I believe the Dessert Gallery in Grove Island Corbally is great.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

You could also try Ivan's in Caherdavin (no I dont work there)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The Sahara is the closest I can think of...

But yes, Ivan's is quite nice. Only ever had the coffee cake from there, but it was by far the nicest coffee cake I have ever had (the only one I actually liked, come to think of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Sahara is the closest I can think of...

I was waiting for someone to say it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heh... I'm a fan of the kalahari myself.
    Thread spelling fixed :) (desert -> dessert)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nettles7

thanks for the info and the spell check!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 samhain's son

Ivans do a lovely lemon meringue

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ivans do a lovely lemon meringue
    But yes, Ivan's is quite nice. Only ever had the coffee cake from there, but it was by far the nicest coffee cake I have ever had (the only one I actually liked, come to think of it).
    LB6 wrote: »
    You could also try Ivan's in Caherdavin (no I dont work there)

Have to agree with these, I live quite near the shop and my family has always gone there for birthdays, etc. From my experience coffee cakes, chocolate cakes and Black Forest Gateaux are all safe bets. You'd want to have it eaten within 48 hours though, they get pretty dry pretty quickly.

Advertisement