Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new bike = sore neck

Options
  • 09-04-2008 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi,im new to mountainbiking and have only been out around 10 times so far. i have ended up with a really sore neck which stopped me from continuing the last time i was out. does anyone know what could have caused this? i also had sore wrists although that was bearable. Im wondering if it has anything to do with spd pedals which limit the movement of the feet or is it to do with saddle height, stem etc. anyone any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

It's extremely unlikely that it's your pedals.

It's probably either the height difference between your saddle and bars (generally the bars should be level with or a little below the saddle) or the distance from saddle to bars, determined by the top-tube length and stem-length (could be too long or too short).

Both of these can be adjusted by moving or changing your stem/seatpost as long as the frame is the correct size for you.

Advertisement