Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Provider???

• 09-04-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm planning to buy my first airsoft gun but I can't chose who to buy it from.

Is this really all down to preference or do they each have their pros and cons?

More importantly, do any offer a walk in service?
    I'd much prefer to see what I'm buying before I buy it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Eirsoft and M.I.A both have walk in stores, either of which will sort you out no problems :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 LSnK

Check out the threads for Eirsoft and Airsoft Eire, the people running them are friendly and helpful, they'll answer any questions you've got.

Eirsoft does have a walk-in store, although I'm not sure whether AE does.

One retailer I recommend you avoid is Mmmad. They are utterly outrageous with their pricing; for example they sell the Double Eagle UMP for 250 euros. The very same thing is 100 euros on Eirsoft!

I actually bought my UMP from there before I knew any better. :( I could be dual-wielding for that price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

And if you ever walk into a random shop just because it say "Airsoft' some where on the box it does NOT mean it is airsoft quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Naturally i recommend ANY IAA affiliate retailer :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You can hold aegs at main irish airsoft, eirsoft, and go tactical the newest guys.

Eirsoft is in cabra, go tactical in bray, and mia in blanch.

Their website provide addresses and directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Defo an IAA affiliate. Personally i prefer Eirsoft, when Shiva has his stock levels correct! its a great site, sorry Shiva, but its true:p great service. Airsofteire have a fine range of higher range stuff, really nice gear, and a kn ock out delivery service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

Ive been to a few stores found em all great but also found a new
    walk in store in ballymount western parkway business center d12
    its called airsoft tactical supplies lads in there were very friendly and helpful
    and its right on my door step so im happy

found stuff very well priced and there asg and tokyo marui agents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

domonick wrote: »
    Ive been to a few stores found em all great but also found a new
    walk in store in ballymount western parkway business center d12
    its called airsoft tactical supplies lads in there were very friendly and helpful
    and its right on my door step so im happy

found stuff very well priced and there asg and tokyo marui agents
    Interesting, never heard of them but western parkway is just up the road from me, I'll have to saunter along and have a look see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ehobby asia seem dirt cheap tbh for their equipment

shipping is very reasonable, it comes in at much cheaper then the irish sites, and after a simple email they said no problem in removing the red tips.

Their rifles may or may not come over the limit, but for equipment and pistols i think they are unrivalled tbh

seriously cheap.

Same box of mp5 mags is roughly 20 euro cheaper from them then irish sites.

youll probably get some nay sayers,

id say get your rifles from the irish sites, bbs too, but everything else ehobby asia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I wanted to go to M.I.A. because they are around the corner from where I work, but they do not have what I want. Eirsoft do have what I want but their site doesn't say anything about being a walk in store. In fact, one part of their site says quite the opposite, saying that you can only pick up something you have bought and even that is only by appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I wanted to go to M.I.A. because they are around the corner from where I work, but they do not have what I want. Eirsoft do have what I want but their site doesn't say anything about being a walk in store. In fact, one part of their site says quite the opposite, saying that you can only pick up something you have bought and even that is only by appointment.

go to www.eirsoft.ie, see the first page? scroll down this to see info on their

walk in store

:cool::cool::cool:

blay1 wrote: »
    go to www.eirsoft.ie, see the first page? scroll down this to see info on their

walk in store

:cool::cool::cool:

No, I can't acknowledge that now becasue it will make me look like an idiot.

Now, can anyone tell me if they open Saturdays?

Lol it's all good, i believe it's open every second saturday which would mean if memory serves me right that it's closed this weekend

Ah **** it. Are ya sure?

I just found a section of their site with their opening hours and it says 'selected saturdays-10.00-13.00'
    It doesn't give a shagg'n phone number either.

The owner is Shiva, give him a PM to make sure or ask on the Eirsoft thread

EDIT No he says he's closed this saturday, sorry man

Advertisement