Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was the leaving cert the most stresful period of your life???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, not by a long shot ... but at the time it felt fairly bad because it was probably the most stressful experience for me up to that time.

That said, I think the worse of the stress was before the exams ... actually, starting near enough now and for the next five or six weeks. It just seemed to be looming nearer and nearer like a bloody traffic accident there was no hope of avoiding!

Then I kind of copped myself on and realised that I had done enough work to do well, and calmed down a fair bit. In fairness, my parents were good about not putting pressure on, tho' I knew it was important to them.

It IS important, and it's worth knuckling down and doing your best for your own sake ... but it is far from the most important thing in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

The leaving was defo the hardest. I remember sitting in the classroom in school in Fairview, waiting to start the English exam, bricking lumps and looking out the window at people walking in the park without a care in the world. Never was I so jealous. College had its moments though. Actually found 1st year harder than 4th year. :confused:

Not at all. Final exams in college were mega stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    The leaving was defo the hardest. I remember sitting in the classroom in school in Fairview, waiting to start
    the English exam, bricking lumps and looking out the window at people walking in the park without a care in the world. Never was I so jealous
    . College had its moments though. Actually found 1st year harder than 4th year. :confused:

Lol that happened to me too, only there was a little kid with an ice Cream cone smiling at me, i wanted to kill him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Lol that happened to me too, only there was a little kid with an ice Cream cone smiling at me, i wanted to kill him

Rudy kids!!

The worst day of the leaving was after doing the higher English, having to go home that day and get ready to face the higher Maths the following morning, a subject I was never brilliant at, but had to do well in. I was flaming knackered that eve after the English exam, but because I was tanked up with worry, I drove myself to motor on with the Maths study well into the early hours. Pure hell.

Worst time in college was, the night before my 3rd year mechanics exam, when I was feeling confident I had most of it studied, I accidently found a pile of notes buried under the bed that I hadnt studied. How dumb. :( Suddenly the swells of anxiousness arrived in thick spreads. The following morning i got up at the crack of dawn and spent the whole morning hyper ventilating with panic before the 1pm exam start time. I was trying to absorb so much info in so little time that i reckon i learned very little that morning. The thought of failing used to scare the crap out of me! I scraped thru in the end tho after saying a few prayers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement