Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower works only when the heqting is on

Options
  • 10-04-2008 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have just move in a new house, and I got a problem with the electric shower in the ensuite. The electric shower is a Mira Events XS.

I 've just seen the installation tonight. As far I 'm aware of there is in the attic the tank, the shower in the ensuite is in the first floor, the pipe are taken one from the hot water and the other one from the cold water.

In the electric shower, produce hot water only if the heating is one.
    At the same floor there is also in a bathroom another electric shower which work completly fine.

Do you have any idea?
    Basecally the electric shower in the ensuite only works when the heat is on otherwise the water still cold.

Many there is a fuse or something like that should be replace?

Thanks
    Superfly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Maybe it's a power shower (ie with a pump to increase pressure) and not an electric shower (electrically heated)?

A quick google would indicate that it is.

This type of shower will give a nice powerful shower, but will require the water to be hot. And be careful, they can drain a hot water tank in minutes when turned up!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭superfly35

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the information about power shower, because I didn't now that exist.

So I goole it, and that effectively a power shower and not a electric one, dammed. So that mean I have to use the immersion, each time I want a shower.

Thanks for the help
    Superfly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

superfly35 wrote: »

In the electric shower, produce hot water only if the heating is one.
    At the same floor there is also in a bathroom another electric shower which work completly fine.

The reason you have one electric shower and one pump shower is that your domestic electricity supply can not supply 2 electric showers at once!

If you do install 2 electric showers you need to install a priority unit which means only one electric shower can be powered up at any time...

Advertisement