Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to live

Options
  • 10-04-2008 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I'm starting work in the Donnybrook area in the coming months and I was just wondering where is an alright place to live that would be close to Donnybrook or close to a bus route that passes through the area?
    I dont really know Dublin that well so any help would be appreciated.

Also I would like to join a football(soccer) team when I move up and was wondering what clubs would be in the area that I could join and how would I go about joining a club?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Donnybrook is well served by the 46A bus route (on a QBC - quality bus corridor) among others.
    check other buses on www.dublinbus.ie

You could live further out southside and take the bus too work. Renting may well be cheaper out there.

I worked nearby before (CLonskeagh) and really liked it. It doesn't have the madness of the city centre, but you're still very close to it and it's only a short bus ride away.

Not sure on the football teams.
    Best of luck with your move. I'm sure other folk here will have more info.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Congrats, you've picked the most expensive postal code in the world (;)) to work in :D

The 46a and the 10 bus routes will probably become good friends. The ex-counsel houses in Donnybrook are selling for close to a million a pop. I would recommend way out on the 46a route or the same in the opposite direction (da nortsoide) on the number 10. myhome.ie maps would be a good start.

Best of luck with the new job. :)

Advertisement