Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Wish... Why still none of them in Ireland?

Options
  • 10-04-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I'm looking for good looking 7 seater that available in market right now... and I'm very interesting to this 'Toyota Wish' model that available in Japan.

Comparing with the same range, like Zafira, Honda Stream, Ford C-Max, Ford S-Max... This Toyota Wish absolutely top MARK... beautiful in every angle...

But, why this model still none on the Irish road till now? As far as I know, this Wish model by Toyota is most similar with Rav4 (for 4wd version) and as similar as Avensis Verso (most of the inernal/engine parts)... Is there any regulation that prevent it to be on the Irish road?

I'm planning to get it ONE for myself (import from Japan)... is there any issue should I consider first?

Here below this magnificient Toyota Wish :

6a00e398ce9ca2000300e398eea79c0005-pi

6a00e398ce9ca2000300f48ced05190002-pi

6a00e398ce9ca2000300e398ee984a0004-pi

6a00e398ce9ca2000300f48ced13f50003-pi

6a00e398ce9ca2000300f48ced13f80003-pi

6a00e398ce9ca2000300f48ced13f90003-pi

Do you like this Toyota Wish??? 14 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

erie wrote: »
    This Toyota Wish absolutely top MARK... beautiful in every angle...

*vomits violently*

Sorry about that, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BDW

I think it's an exellent car for the young family man,

looks exeedingly sporty for a horrible family car

Probably drives sportily with the right setup (no I don't mean plasticy bodykits and rediculously huge plasticy wings)

Still wouldn't buy one though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Firstly i would say hold your horses

If you import one now you wont have it by july therfor you will end up paying an outragous amount of vrt + Road tax (€2000)

Your looking at importing a very new circa 2 years old which will probally cost you around 25k + for that you are buying a car which can get no warranty, parts supply is going to be questionable at best

Granted its a nice looking car but resale may be a problem, no toyota dealer will want it back.

What i would do i wait a while, toyota have 2/3 new 7 seat cars due for ireland in the next 12-24 months ranging from small to large van sized, some even hybrids, and with there recent styling i cant see these being to far off the "wish"

But to answer you question its a nice looking mpv and there is no laws/ regulations stoping you bringing one in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I think it's a nice alternative to the other similar models out there.
    I wouldn't worry about parts, Toyota will get any part you need in a few days once you supply the chassis details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

Hate to burst your bubble but if this is a japanese domestic model then it will not have a certified CO2 figure ( Not necessary for Japan they use fuel consumption figures for emission taxes / standards ) and if post July you try to import it into Ireland it will default to the highest VRT and road tax values !!
    Its the only good thing about the CO2 changes here as it will stop the import of crap not designed to meet exacting European standards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Its the only good thing about the CO2 changes here as it will stop the import of crap not designed to meet exacting European standards.

It's going to stop more than the import of crap. There's going to some class cars we will not be able to import due to these changes.
    Old beamers...old mercs...

Which is why I'm on the lookout to get a nice E34 525i before July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

the wish looks grand , id say it is livable with but it looks quite long... but every man to his own

Which is why I'm on the lookout to get a nice E34 525i before July.

Off topic, any interest in an E34 525tds? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Instantly reminded me of the very ugly Honda Stream, albeit with sharper edges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

It's going to stop more than the import of crap. There's going to some class cars we will not be able to import due to these changes.
    Old beamers...old mercs...

Another problem with these changes are nobody understands them and the relevant gov depts and the SIMI have done a terrible job at informing people .
    Old Beamers and Mercs can still be imported and with pre 08 vehicles the VRT and road tax will be calculated on the current system so no change there 08 models and on will be calculated on the CO2 figure provided the manufacturer or person importing the car can provide a COC ( Certificate of conformity ) but this will not be the case for Japanese domestic imports as they cant produce a COC.

• Advertisement

Another problem with these changes are nobody understands them and the relevant gov depts and the SIMI have done a terrible job at informing people .
    Old Beamers and Mercs can still be imported and with pre 08 vehicles the VRT and road tax will be calculated on the current system so no change there 08 models and on will be calculated on the CO2 figure provided the manufacturer or person importing the car can provide a COC ( Certificate of conformity ) but this will not be the case for Japanese domestic imports as they cant produce a COC.

Ok, so if I understand this correctly. We can still import any pre '08 car (UK or Jap) and retain the current cc based system for tax & vrt. It's only the '08 onwards imports that will use the CO2 system?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

BDW wrote: »
    Probably drives sportily with the right setup (no I don't mean plasticy bodykits and rediculously huge plasticy wings)

Unfortunately it already has the plasticky kit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ok, so if I understand this correctly. We can still import any pre '08 car (UK or Jap) and retain the current cc based system for tax & vrt. It's only the '08 onwards imports that will use the CO2 system?
    Yes.

(I think :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

While you might like the looks of this - I suspect if you drove it you'd find something like the S-Max to be far superior in both ride , handling and cabin noise suppression.

Toyota tend to make bland but reliable cars that scale the height of mediocrity in every other field particularly the ones mentioned above.

I would see little point in you personally bringing one into a market thats already populated with such sparkling talent.

Toyota don't either by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Based on the above pictures it appears to be more of a 6 + half seater rather than a true 7 seater - much like say the Mazda 5 (5 has a particularly small middle seat for a so called 7 seater). That middle seat doesn't look anywhere near wide enough to seat someone in any sort of comfort and doesn't look like it would take a child seat at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BDW

eoin_s wrote: »
    Unfortunately it already has the plasticky kit on it.
    Nothing a hammer can't fix

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

Thank you for huge responses and inputs here...

Actually, I drove this WISH in Thailand last month during family holiday... It superb... it handling, pick up, driving experience, smooth and quite compared with Dealer Test Drive Vehicle S-Max or Citroen C4 Picasso. I drove nearly 2 years old WISH with 25,000 km mileage... Even interior finish in high luxury standard with build in Sat NAv and 7" TV (dual screen)...

With below €20k you can get 2 years old WISH under 20k mileage with top model all inclusive (Import Agent Fee/VRT/Tax).... compare with S-MAX same condition about €25k+ plus WISH absolutely better than S-Max. Bonus point... it is TOYOTA... well known very reliable cars on the market today... One import agent in dublin claim that delivery time up to 5wks...

knife_fighter qoute :
    "What i would do i wait a while, toyota have 2/3 new 7 seat cars due for ireland in the next 12-24 months ranging from small to large van sized, some even hybrids, and with there recent styling i cant see these being to far off the "wish".... "

.... where you get this info??? ... nice to know a little bits more of it if possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Got the info from toyota, but i will be a while before they are launched (12 months) , with regards to parts i had a look today and its showing as a valid car on toyota parts system but i cant search the parts database for part that apply to the car (if that makes sense) So as of this time parts cannot be got

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

unkel wrote: »
    *vomits violently*

Sorry about that, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that :)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Don't see a striking difference between that and the Avensis Verso tbh.

on the VRT.

Old Tax (cc)for pre 08 cars, New VRT for all cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement