Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyhoura trail - my report + 5 photos

Options
  • 10-04-2008 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Ripped down to check out the new mtb trails in Ballyhoura. In fairness I didnt do an exhaustive search of the area, but ended up on a built track that took me 5 miles up to a sumit of a mountain from the car park. It wasnt a loop like I expected. It was a gently graded uphill cycle for the most part, and was very fast on the way down. I though it was brill. Single track all the way, with rocks manually placed at the sides intermittently to define the width of the trail. You have to be careful not to hit these. There was a few bits of north shore bridging which was lethal slipping when wet, and takes concentration as its only about 1.5ft wide for the most part.

See attached some pics.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Looks great.
    Does it get busy down there, at the weekend like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Looks like fun. Where did you drive from, take long?

Really hate north shore when its still wet, I keep getting told to just get better at it instead of complaining but its near impossible to get any grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Drove from Dublin. 2.5 hrs from Naas roundabout on Monday noon. It was very quite when I was there. Saw 4 other bikers out over a 3 hour period. Ive no idea what its like the weekend unfortunetly.

Advertisement