Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online promotion ideas needed

Options
  • 10-04-2008 3:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi guys,

I’ve been just finished a website dealing in online printed coupons, on which merchants can upload their coupons to advertise themselves.

To promote this website, I plan to do something to attract some business, that is, let some merchants upload coupons, almost free, except a little registration fee.

So can anybody give me any ideas what should I do to promote my site to those business. I need many coupons upload to my website now.

Any idea is appriciated!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

You could try posting about your site on a popular Irish internet forum...

oh...

:-)

I'm looking for ideas at the moment too... anyone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Advertising on Boards would be a good start - sales@boards.ie. Then perhaps taking out adverts in local papers, or even national papers. There are also advert companies where you can take out adverts on many sites at once but they are pretty pricy.

Sponsor local events perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Jessica84

thanks for your advice! im afraid i cant afford the big advetising fee right now.

hi, di11on,

are you going to uploadyour toy coupons on my website?It's a good way of advertsing.

PM me if interested.

Jessica:)
    di11on wrote: »
    You could try posting about your site on a popular Irish internet forum...

oh...

:-)

I'm looking for ideas at the moment too... anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BRENSH

One very good idea for advertising would be to post a sales promotion on youtube. But you shouldn't pitch it as a promotion. Maybe as a way to help people with a problem related to what you are selling. It is amazing the amount of views good videos get in any category you care to mention. You should at least try it and see the hits you get from youtube after that. If you decide to go down that route you should let me know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jessica84 wrote: »
    thanks for your advice! im afraid i cant afford the big advetising fee right now.

Whats your advertising budget?

BRENSH wrote: »
    One very good idea for advertising would be to post a sales promotion on youtube. But you shouldn't pitch it as a promotion. Maybe as a way to help people with a problem related to what you are selling. It is amazing the amount of views good videos get in any category you care to mention. You should at least try it and see the hits you get from youtube after that. If you decide to go down that route you should let me know how you get on

thanks for your ideas. but i'm not very familiar with youtube and i wanna know how to post a sales promotion on youtube? Do i have to make a video to upload or youtube has an advertising area?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BRENSH

You tube doesn't have an advertisment area. It is owned by google so you could try adwords but thats completely off the point. Youtube is unbiased as to the priority of its videos as far as I know. (You can't pay for a higher spot) . It is up to you to create a video that will get people interested enough to click on the link to your website and hopefully get coupons. Of course if they are free it will make it much easier. You should have have a good title and a good description ( vary your keywords ) that will draw users to you video.

Your title could be Get Great Discounts Off Everything

or something like that.

For example I typed the word coupon into the youtube search engine and some of the videos got over 30,000 hits.

That could be you if the video is good and informative.

BRENSH,

thanks for your advice!

It is a good idea, however, my site donot have any coupon now. Consumers will be disappointed if they find no coupon there.
    Maybe I'll have a try when i got some coupon supplier.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭shantor

hey Jessica

I just had a quick look at your website and it looks really good, I think it could create a strong following with house wives who are obsessed with coupons...

but there are two aspects to this... on the one hand you need to attract the corporations to the website who will actually supply the coupons & then you will need to mass market advertise to get the end users in

so unless I missed something wouldnt that mean B2B sales & knocking on doors of tesco or FMCG brands and the at the same time setting up web based marketing campaigns with Adwords or just plane banner ads on popular sites...

salesonline.ie or peppermill.ie have some good websites that would hit on your desired demographic... they will build the entire campaign for you but will be expensive

you could dabble in adwords in see what results you get

for the corporate sales could it be assumed you have a sales guy with that kind of experience?

• Advertisement

shantor, many thanks for your advice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭yellow

Hi Jes,

I do alot of online marketing on a freelance basis, if this is something you would be interetsed in I would be happy to discuss with you.

PM me

Advertisement