Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

polar 520

Options
  • 10-04-2008 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

ok i know its an old skoll hrm and no longer made . Out training last night and the display finally started to go dim . Got home and took out the battery out to see what type i needed to get , its the strangest battery i have ever seen its like two flat watch batterys glued on top of each other (cr something ):confused:. Where's the best place to get batteries ? its well out of warranty so am not bothered to send back to polar just to replace the battery ! Any ideas anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

If it's an old model Polar probably wouldn't replace the battery for you anyway (had this experience with my ancient model). You should be able to get your battery in Maplin or a camera shop. What's the batter number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭coggs

its starts with CR not too sure of the number , left it at home this morning ! will defo try maplin..ta

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

coggs wrote: »
    its starts with CR not too sure of the number
    The CR prefix is common for flat watch batteries. I've found a reasonable selection at Boots, which is probably more convenient than Maplin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭coggs

:cool: now we have a new problem , dropped into a jewellers at lunch time . they had the battery i needed CR2354 . the lad said he would test the old one just to make sure it was dead . low and behold full charge no problem !!! . When training last night i was doing intervals so i was in and out of zones quite a bit . Whenever i was at a zone that had the hr flashing , the rate where very dim . When warming down the hr symbol on the bottom left corner was not visible , but when i downloaded the file it was all there !!! do i presume now its the strap ?

Advertisement