Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Indian Take Away

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

celica1994 wrote: »
    i curry club in kilbarrack, theyre the only ones ive tried that actually make an effort and deserve the moeny they charge for theyre takeaways

Is that the one at Tescos?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Margalla on the North Strand (opposite the fire station) have been pretty good the few times I tried them.
    Their menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭celica1994

spurious wrote: »
    Margalla on the North Strand (opposite the fire station) have been pretty good the few times I tried them.
    Their menu.

i think so, its beside madigans pub, they do nice currys, i remember asking for a vindaloo extra spicy in there before and it would burn a hole in you haha

i think so, its beside madigans pub, they do nice currys, i remember asking for a vindaloo extra spicy in there before and it would burn a hole in you haha

Seriously if that place is what you set your standards by I think I'll ban you :P

But seriously, its awful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't think this is Margalla you're talking about - it's not near any Madigan's.
    It's beside Annesley House - a good spot for a pint and also for music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Noffles wrote: »
    I've yet to taste an Indian take away that even remotely resembles a dish of the same name you can get in the UK... even Holyhead has FAR superior Indian take away compared to ANYWHERE in Ireland.

This is pretty accurate. The curries back home in Bradford are top notch but one I really like over here is Namaste in Smithfield. Small little place but the food is really nice. They have decent specials on every week where you get a curry, rice and a naan for under a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    This is pretty accurate. The curries back home in Bradford are top notch but one I really like over here is Namaste in Smithfield. Small little place but the food is really nice. They have decent specials on every week where you get a curry, rice and a naan for under a tenner.

Yea, Namaste is top notch alright. My waistline can testify to that! The place doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is excellent.

Yea, Namaste is top notch alright. My waistline can testify to that! The place doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is excellent.

I often see that as a sign of a good indian funnily enough. No frills/fancy rubbish just concentrate on the good food.

Namaste in Smithfield. Small little place but the food is really nice. They have decent specials on every week where you get a curry, rice and a naan for under a tenner.

Where in Smithfield is this?.

Thats a very good price for an Indian if its decent.

Where in Smithfield is this?.

Thats a very good price for an Indian if its decent.

Its on North King Street. If you are walking up Smithfield and hit the cobblestone pub go left and its a small takeaway with a board outside (with the special on) on the right. Real good value for an Indian as you say and the quality is great. Can request a certain naan say if you dont like the one in the special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 biggerfamily

I'm confident in calling bullsh*t on this post.. Follow up on it HERE. - Makikomi[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what post you are calling bullsh*t on? Are you a Board Mod, if so I think maybe you should check some facts before declaring a post is bullsh*t. As I have documentary evidence that my post was indeed factual. (do you want to see the evidence) I did not post these here as I do not wish to embarrass the Restaurant further. But rest assured I'll happily post them if only to assure a Boards Moderator that I am not talking Bullsh*t.

If you were inferring my post was bullsh*t then the right thing to do here please post a apology in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Seriously if that place is what you set your standards by I think I'll ban you :P

But seriously, its awful.

couldnt agree more, its very poor

the indian takeaways that i like are tandoori bite on richmond street south, royal tandoori in terenure and vermillion, also in terenure

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I ate there a few times when I lived in Smithfield and thought it was good too. I appreciated the fact they made their vindaloo extra spicy for me...

Had an India from Bombay Pantry, Fairview this evening, served by a lovely lad 'Simba' - it was fantastic, but gonna try that place in Smithfield during the week.

As I have documentary evidence that my post was indeed factual. (do you want to see the evidence)

"documentary evidence" is not documented proof.

Post up whatever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Yea, Namaste is top notch alright

I cycle by it every day and from outside it smells just delicious! Sadly, by the time I got it home it would be freezing so it's not really an option for me
    :( Boo

cosmic wrote: »
    I cycle by it every day and from outside it smells just delicious! Sadly, by the time I got it home it would be freezing so it's not really an option for me
    :( Boo

Ask them to make it extra-hot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

anyone else like the shaan-e-Punjab on North King St?

Occasionally it's not great, but most of the time it's top notch.

The indian im talking about is at the right hand side of the shopping center near kilbarrack fire station. the pub madigans is to the left of it, they do lovely currys imo, but since i live in cabra, i use spice and rice on dorset st,

The indian im talking about is at the right hand side of the shopping center near kilbarrack fire station. the pub madigans is to the left of it, they do lovely currys imo, but since i live in cabra, i use spice and rice on dorset st,

Yup, thats the awful kip the Admiral & me are talking about. Best forgotten about IMO.

'Namaste', wanna try this tonight but can't find its menu listed online - anyone got a link?.

**edit**

Rang 'em, getting a Vindaloo shortly - Woo Hoo :D

• Advertisement

I really like over here is Namaste in Smithfield. Small little place but the food is really nice. .

Lordy lord!.. For the love of sweet baby Jesus, I owe you a pint!.

Just had a Chicken Vindaloo & Basmati rice, with a free popadom... And its head and shoulders above anything I've ever eaten.

Wooo Hooo!.

Lordy lord!.. For the love of sweet baby Jesus, I owe you a pint!.

Just had a Chicken Vindaloo & Basmati rice, with a free popadom... And its head and shoulders above anything I've ever eaten.

Wooo Hooo!.

Ha. I know my curries! I passed today at about 4 o clock and the smell was amazing. Forgot to say they threw in a popadom too. Glad you liked it and others take note :D

(youve just made me hungry now too)

Ha. I know my curries! I passed today at about 4 o clock and the smell was amazing. Forgot to say they threw in a popadom too. Glad you liked it and others take note :D

(youve just made me hungry now too)

The dish is still here in front of me, and I'm tempted to dip some bread in it.

Seriously, it was an amazing curry. My taste buds are still buzzing!.

Always save some naan for soaking up afterwards! Im guessing that was the special on for under a tenner?

I dont think I've been disappointed with any curry I've had from there. Always have a nice kick to them and really flavoursome, which I find is the problem with Bombay Pantry (too bland for me).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Did you get it extra spicy? When I asked for it hot, the guys gave me an approving laugh. I don't think I've ever drank so much milk with a meal.

ixoy wrote: »
    Did you get it extra spicy? When I asked for it hot, the guys gave me an approving laugh. I don't think I've ever drank so much milk with a meal.

lol, I got the same!.

Nice guys in there actually... "Oh, be very careful my friend".

I've a cast iron mouth so it would take a lot to burn it. But having said that my hair was matted in sweat by the time I was necking the last sup of my freezing cold coke :D

Lamb vindaloo is the way to go lol, say does anyone know if anywhere in dublin does a tindaloo or a fahll curry>?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

Great thread, im salvating at the thought of Indian tonight.
    Think il try this Namaste place,

I used to eat in Bombay Pantry (Ashtown Branch) religiously, very very good.

And then i tried Bombay to go one night by chance,
    Bombay Pantry is good food but its much dearer than Bombay to go and and the substance isnt the same, far too much sauce and less Veg, Chicken etc

The Prawns in Bombay to go are unbelieveable.
    I havnt eaten in Bombay pantry since.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Must get a delivery from Namaste soon, used to use Spice 'n' Rice and Bombay To Go but both have gone downhill imo, got a couple of pretty bad pure oiley curries from the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Nision

So spice and rice aint worth trying?
    Ive only ever gotten kebabs there whilst walking home drunk.

Advertisement