Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Indian Take Away

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The curry I got was very oiley like it had split.
    Chicken biryani was still good, that's what I'd order if ordering from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I got food from Konkan on Clanbrassil St (near the Harold's X bridge) last night and it was amazing. It took a lot of self control to save some for lunch today but I am so glad I did. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Art_Vandalay

I've spent a fair bit of time travelling around the subcontinent and Europe/Americas...I have to say Konkan is the best indian food I've had outside India.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

cosmic wrote: »
    I got food from Konkan on Clanbrassil St (near the Harold's X bridge) last night and it was amazing. It took a lot of self control to save some for lunch today but I am so glad I did. Yum!

Damn you, another one I've to try now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Got a menu in the door from Gills Tandori in Cabra.
    Anyone have any experience of them?

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Got a menu in the door from Gills Tandori in Cabra.
    Anyone have any experience of them?

Nope, although their in business years now so they might not be too bad.

However being so close to the other Namaste in Smithfield I wouldn't bother TBH.

'Namaste' - Smithfield..
    Lordy lord!.. For the love of sweet baby Jesus, I owe you a pint!.

Just had a Chicken Vindaloo & Basmati rice, with a free popadom... And its head and shoulders above anything I've ever eaten.

Wooo Hooo!.

Bumping my own post along - Woo Hoo, yup I've just had a Vindaloo from here again.... MAGIC :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Bumping my own post along - Woo Hoo, yup I've just had a Vindaloo from here again.... MAGIC :D

where is that mairt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

anyone else like the shaan-e-Punjab on North King St?

Occasionally it's not great, but most of the time it's top notch.

Or "The Curry Leaf" as the menu states!! Yep, it's fantastic. I love it.

where is that mairt?

Just up from The Cobblestone pub in Smithfield, same side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭celica1994

gills in cabra isnt the greatest, its not the worse by any means, i got a chicken tika masala from it and it was just ok,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Offer with pigsback at the moment- Pay €8 for a voucher worth €18 in Bombay Pantry. Same idea as boards deals-

http://www.pigsback.ie/pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=5553,5553,VOVMB

Only drawback is it can only be used Monday-Thursday and collection only. Still a great deal imo.

Limited to 1000 vouchers and will be gone quickly I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

irishbird wrote: »
    I am looking for a nice Indian take away in Dublin 11 or surrounds.

I used to get The Golden Spice in Finglas but that seems to have gone. Have been getting from a place in dorset street recently but tbh it's not the best

thanks

I think its called Namesti, its in Smithfield. Great deals and excellent food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Goan beef Bombay, hot....

wyndham wrote: »
    Offer with pigsback at the moment- Pay €8 for a voucher worth €18 in Bombay Pantry. Same idea as boards deals-

http://www.pigsback.ie/pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=5553,5553,VOVMB

Only drawback is it can only be used Monday-Thursday and collection only. Still a great deal imo.

Limited to 1000 vouchers and will be gone quickly I'd say.
    Gone now :( Damn...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Bombay Pantry is a total RIP OFF. That is all.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Bombay Pantry is a total RIP OFF. That is all.

Which one, and why?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Which one, and why?.

Well I thought the prices were the same in them all. 10 euros for a lamb dish from a take away? I'd expect to pay that in a restaurant. I ordered for me and gf a few weeks ago (last time i do that), and it cost over 30 euro for 2 curries, one naan bread, one rice, and one fish cake starter. I would find that a reasonable price to pay in a restaurant, but not from a take away.

Bombay Pantry is delish.

I find it's worth it and they always have meal deals for two or more etc. :)

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Well I thought the prices were the same in them all. 10 euros for a lamb dish from a take away? I'd expect to pay that in a restaurant. I ordered for me and gf a few weeks ago (last time i do that), and it cost over 30 euro for 2 curries, one naan bread, one rice, and one fish cake starter. I would find that a reasonable price to pay in a restaurant, but not from a take away.

But they don't keep the prices a secret from us, you knew how much you'd be paying. Tbh, I don't see how you can complain.

Personally I think they're a little on the expensive side - if you compare 'em to a chinese for example. But Indian's are like that, only one I can compare with a Chinese take away for prices is that place in Smithfield, so I 'tend not to eat in Bombay Pantry anymore.. But I do think their meals are fantastic and have never had a bad one.

• Advertisement

Went to Bombay Pantry in Fairview after Paranormal Activity II (crap, don't waste your time) tonight (Tuesday) but it closes at 10:30pm!!.

So tried 'Taste of India' opposite the Clonliffe House Pub..

Indian lover's everywhere - RUN A MILE!.

Absolute dire.

Ordered the Vindaloo, I've had hotter Big Mac's! plus the chicken was cold and dry. Nan bread was half cooked and doughie and the poppadom was burnt.

A totally regrettable and forgettable experience.

Best avoided.

Advertisement